Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Euro 2008 Viva Espana  (Read 2102 times)

barryfoote

Euro 2008 Viva Espana
« on: June 29, 2008, 06:56:11 pm »

Hi Guys,

Well I know none of the home countries qualified, but that only made for a more peaceful tournament....

Off to watch the final Spain against those German chappies.....Got nothing against the Germans but since we beat them in 1966 they seem to have dominated European football too much.....VIVA ESPANA.......Una Fiesta grande....

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Euro 2008 Viva Espana
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »

Well Done Spain.
By far the best footballing team won!!
1-0, should have been 5 or 6-0

Bob
Officially a GOG.

andygh

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 09:57:29 pm »

but that only made for a more peaceful tournament

Peaceful in what way? :-\ The daily mail wasn't smothered with "England Hoolies" but it doesn't mean the tournament was peaceful, try going to a match in Turkey, Holland or Italy, they make us look like amateurs but then the British media don't like the facts to get in the way of a good story  O0

Oh and congrats to Spain by the way, a very well deserved win

GaryM

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 01:17:16 am »

Well done Spain - well deserved. O0

regards
Gary :)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 05:42:08 am »

Did anyone see Jens Lehmann's (German goalkeeper) post match comments? He claims the referee was biased and the match was fixed  :o :o. He made no mention of his own blunders, nor those of the two German centre backs who, IMHO were a total waste of space throughout the whole tournament. Germany weren't even the second best team, even though they ended up in the final.
Well done Spain, even if it has been 44 years since the last major tournament win.  O0
Peter.

barryfoote

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 08:11:44 am »

Absolutely superb.....The whole valley around where we live erupted in fireworks, car horns and people outside celebrating until the small hours. A great night for Spain and a great night for football.

As for Lehman, he is and always was a disgrace to the game.....Given so much talent only to spoil it as he has not grown up.

Viva Espana..

Barry

Alastair_I

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 09:33:22 am »

The refereeing was good..  but as to Lehman, he was the only thing that stopped it from being a 5- or 6-0 rout, there was no defence at all, the midfield seemed to be wherever the ball wasn't, and there is a rumour that Germany actually fielded a few strikers, but I couldn't say that I saw them do anything.  The biggest puzzle of all was why the pundits were praising Ballack at the end??  He seemed to be at the core of the German mediocrity, it almost radiated out from him to infect the others.

Well done the Spanish for playing very watchable football.. a well-deserved win..

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:35:36 am »

Barry, I'm sorry to say that Australia spoiled Spain's party in the field hockey, with the Kookaburras winning the Champion's Trophy final 4-1, although I guess that hockey has nowhere near as big a following as football.
Peter.

barryfoote

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 06:33:14 am »

Barry, I'm sorry to say that Australia spoiled Spain's party in the field hockey, with the Kookaburras winning the Champion's Trophy final 4-1, although I guess that hockey has nowhere near as big a following as football.
Peter.

You are right there Peter....I do remember hockey though....At school the girls used to play it while us lads played rugby or football!! ;) ;)

andygh

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 08:24:33 am »

{-) {-) {-) {-) {-) O0

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 11:17:14 pm »

Barry, I remember when I was playing football (soccer), our club played an annual match with one of the local hockey clubs. We started the tradition playing hockey for one half, then football for the other, but that only lasted for one match, as the hockey boys reckoned us football types were too dangerous with hockey sticks in our hands. {-) {-), so it reverted to all football. My own feeling was that hockey was far too dangerous anyway, with hockey sticks being brandished all over the place it reminded me of an all in brawl with Roman gladiators  {-).
Peter.

GaryM

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 02:09:21 am »

We used to have an Indian English teacher that took us to play hockey at a local field whilst at school. 
He was not the best teacher for keeping discipline, especially 12 to 16 15 year olds, armed with shin pads, wooden hockey sticks and a ball made out of concrete.

To get our attention or tell us off, he used to 'hiss' at us!  Ssssssssssssssssss.  He sounded like a steam engine. 

My surname being Morris and the fact he used to pick on me because I was the slowest - (all the other guys could run quite quickly)  was a regular source of merriment.
I never laughed so much in all my life (so far) and it still brings tears to my eyes!   
Morrisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

regards
Gary :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.582 seconds with 21 queries.