Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Radio Equipment

computor radio

(1/2) > >>

hover tim:
Looking at these for a while now but i am not sure which to get dont want anythin too complicated any suggestions

OMK:
It really depends on many factors. For instance, how much £££ do you want to spend?... will you be using the radio for models other than boats?... how many channels do you need?... etc, etc.
It gets even more daunting when you have to decide whether you want to go the 2.4GHz route, or if you want to stay with good old 35/40MHz.
The latest kids on the block are those snazzy offerings from Spektrum. Just about every owner of the DX6 and DX7 radios will tell that they are the best things since sliced bread - and deservedly so. Likewise, every owner of Futaba radios will tell you the same.
Ultimately, the final choice is down to you. But whichever radio you decide to go for, you can rest assured that you will be happy with your choice.

By the way, computerised radios are not to be be feared. You say you don't want anything complicated. Fret not, for if you can operate your PC, then it's a foregone conclusion that you'll have mastered the radio programming in not time at all.

My suggestion would be to buy one that YOU like.
Just go for it and enjoy the thing.

hover tim:
I will be using it for model hovercraft got a cheap spectrum off ebay very confusing all sorts of flyboy stuff in there put me off abit a six channel would do but more would be a luxary and there are so many diffenent ones i cnat make upmy mind hevce the question anyone got some reveiws from a modeller point of veiw wiht regadrs to useability ease of setup programming all of the stuff :-\

Martin (Admin):
The Spektrum is a great radio! (  ;) PMK )

The good thing about nearly all of these radio is they can simple as you want them!
You can turn them on, wiggle the sticks and everything will work. You can then
change as much or as little as you personally need. The Spektrum has 20 model memory
so you can use more than one for the same model to experiment with setups

funtimefrankie:
We (I) could do with a  masterclass on what all the plane settings mean and how the can be applied to boats...
"V-tail" etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version