Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aerokits Sea Hornet  (Read 10877 times)

amdaylight

Re: Aerokits Sea Hornet
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 07:44:28 pm »

Andre, I will give you a call when i know 'when'  O0

Rodger, looking forward to the call.

Andre O0

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 02:39:48 pm »

Even though Bournville Plain is still missing a steering wheel, navigation lights and a flag, I hit the Apartment Test Tank Facility (AKA The Pool) early this morning for a trial run.

Speed is INCREDIBLE!... Even though I wasnt able to give BP full throttle due to the limitations of the size of the pool, she took off across the water like a scalded cat!. Even from a standstill, the prop 'bites' the water and she is up on the plane immediatly. The spray from the bow is reasonable, though i suspect i should of taken the spray strake right to the bow. The spray from the stern, and the 'hole' in the water are VERY pleasing to the eye.
Turns are wide, especially at higher throttle, but that was expected.. also, she seems to sit quite 'flat' in the turns.. but i guess thats to do with the fairly flat bottom hull towards the stern and the low C of G.
Water cooling through the motor cooling coil works very well and puts out a steady stream even at low throttle

Ok..
Minus points now:..

The speed control and the round 'bit' (what IS that?) that is attached to the ESC got incredibly hot being in an enclosed space.. even with the cooling vents in the deck / motor hatch. After a long high throttle run i saw a puff of the magic smoke come from the port cooling extract vent...
The heat shrink around 'the round bit' had come away and two electrical components (dont know what they are?) had come off from the circuit board... (see last pic)

So... It looks like a re-motor with a spare 19 turn i have in stock and a water cooled ESC from now on..

Back to the workshop for a while....

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 02:56:00 pm »

Boat looks great,but barbie looks a bit loneley in the back  {-).
Mart

amdaylight

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 02:57:52 pm »

Toes,

How about a photo of the esc so we can see what went wrong? O0 Glad to hear that the builder s trials went well. How did you do the lettering on the stern, that really looks the business.   :o O0

Andre

amdaylight

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 02:59:06 pm »

Boat looks great,but barbie looks a bit loneley in the back  {-).
Mart

I don't know she has her puppy,  {-) O0

Andre

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2008, 03:53:24 pm »

How about a photo of the esc so we can see what went wrong?
How did you do the lettering on the stern, that really looks the business.   :o O0

This is the 'offending' part, in the bottom of the hull there are the two 'chips' that came from the capacitor on the right of the pic.  :embarrassed:

The graphics came from Callie Graphics.. http://www.callie-graphics.com/ who does custom graphics at VERY reasonable prices..  O0
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.