Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wasa/Vasa 1628 Sergal/Mantua  (Read 12899 times)

MartinH-K

Re: Wasa/Vasa 1628 Sergal/Mantua
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 11:56:25 am »

Hi Walter
You'll find something of a thread here under 'Warships and Military' - HMS Hood - though it has been a bit hijacjked! :o
Thanks for putting HAmish up- fame at last.
Martin

Walter Cooper

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 09:15:56 pm »

Oh ok Thanks Martin,your welcome.Thankyou also Barry  :-)) Smokey is very handsome! :-))I removed the stock kit ladders that were straight and incorrect.I made my own from some extra stock that I had hanging around.These proved to be quite the challenge.I know"Geez Walt,they are only ladders"but the ladders are curved.It took alot of eyeballing to get the steps to the proper degree of angle.The two nights later and third set turned out to be the only ones that looked half way decent.Cheers friend Walter

Walter Cooper

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 07:18:35 pm »

Just a few photos of of my second attempt at weathering the figurehead,ships stern lanturn,a few sculptures and weather deck cannons.Also pinrails and sheathed knightheads.Cheers Walter

Walter Cooper

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:43 am »

%% Hello friends,Today I tested a sample of what the red paint would look like weathered.The red paint was just too new and bright and did not match the rest of the weathered parts of the ship.I tried using a mixture of acrylic paints but I think that I may have thinned it too much  Some spots had a tendency to alligate.  I ended up using a mixture of enamel paint 1 part black to two parts light gray thinned down quite abit.I painted it over the red one section at a time letting it set for one minute then wiping it away.Im very pleased with the results.The photo is abit deceiving looking abit shiney.I think this was do to the flash.I may seal it with a light coat of dullcoat.Cheers Walter

barryfoote

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 08:19:28 am »

Walter,
That red looks better now you have dulled it down a little. That said, she did sink on her maiden voyage, so the weather will not have taken too much effect..Keep up the great work.. :-))
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.