Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q & A - Fairey Swordsman by Bluebird  (Read 4712 times)

GaryM

Q & A - Fairey Swordsman by Bluebird
« on: July 10, 2008, 12:13:52 am »

I would like to build a boat from scratch and thought Bluebirds plan for the Fairey Swordsman looks about right.
I've tried to obtain the plans from 'Model Boats' but cannot access the shop part and a search of the site brings no ref to it.  I also tried 'Googal' but all ref's lead no where.

I tried to access the Q & A section to this build, but it keeps diverting to the main build page.  (there is also a ref to 'Cervia Tug' in there that completely threw me)

Can Martin or Bluebird shed any light, or indeed anyone else for that matter?

regards
Gary :)

bobinnit

Re: Q & A - Fairey Swordsman by Bluebird
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:26:04 am »

Hi,    I too have tried to obtain plans for the Fairy Swordsman from "model boats". I actually placed the order for the back issue 4 weeks ago, but have still not recieved anything.  Soon be time for a polite email I think  ;)

GaryM

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 12:42:33 am »

The site isn't very user friendly - I think I will email for info too. O0

regards

Just found this site myhobbystore.com  they sell the plans for the Huntsman for £9.96 inc VAT
There was a ref also to FLJ who may also be able to help, but the post was an old one so unsure.

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:55:28 am »

The plans are not available from Model Boats or myhobbystore; if they are  then they'll be hearing from my solicitor!!

With the blessing of the Editor of MB magazine I can supply photocopies of the original tracings for £5 incl P&P - which is precious little more than cost. Bluebird's Build article is more comprehensive than the magazine article, as I was restricted for total space. I do, however, have copies of the 'finishing method' part of the original (which has appeared previously on this Forum).

Send me a PM or E-Mail via the ACTion website if you're interested.

FLJ

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:41:07 am »

Call the hounds off there FLJ   O0 :D {-) I have just had a good scour of that hobbysite and I could not find any Swordsman plans at all.

I did find Vic Smeed's plans for the Huntsman; but if anyone is going to use the Huntsman plans (not that there will be anything wrong with the plans) I do not think they would marry up with the topic I wrote regarding the Beginners plan build for the Swordsman.

The Hobby web site looks as if it may be some site which deals with ex-plans i.e. plans that may have been discontinued by Model Boats MagazineBut what do I know I am just a duck who is blue coloured.  :D :D {-) O0 :)

aye John e
bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

BobF

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:49:53 am »

Hi all,
I am prepaired to be shot down in flames, But I think you will find that the Myhobby plans site is the official site for the model boat mag plans. This site was started when M B mag changed hands last time, and it was stated at the time that this was the case, and there was a link across.

I am sure I am correct- I am probably correct-Well I think I am correct -I remember being correct once-I think  :-\

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 12:06:22 pm »

Hi there BobF

That is the nicest way I have ever been told I am talking a pile of shite you are of course quite correct - and - I have just this minute checked the website on the model boats forum and of course the link does go straight to my hobbies - well......there's a surprise.....duh .... its amazing what a bit of intelligence can do for oneself.

aye
told you I was just a blue duck
 :D {-) O0
John

GaryM

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 10:12:06 pm »

I just had a look and it is on there.

" Fairey Huntsman MM680

Designer: Vic Smeed Star Rating: *** A 1:8 scale model of one of the best-know ... ğmore info 
 Only £9.95"

It's the Huntsman and not the Swordsman though.

Anyone know if the Q & A post for Bluebirds build is available?

regards

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 09:24:13 pm »

hi ya there GaryM

I have done a search for the 'old' Questions and Answers for the Plan for Beginners - and what to me looks to have happened - when Martin & his 40 thieves had a revamp of the Forum and a cleanup with their brush and shovels - it looks as though the Questions and Answers have been deleted.

To be honest with you, what I can remember is there was not much relevant information on there regarding the build.

If you feel like you want to build this particular Swordsman and you do have any questions - there are numerous people who email me directly with questions (from this forum) and you are quite welcome to email me too.

aye
john e
bluebird

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 02:08:44 pm »

There weren't any as far as I can find!
I've trawled all through the logs and deleted items, nothing!
If you can think of anything specific that was mentioned in a question or answer, I'll do a 'grep' word search.....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 02:39:42 pm »

hi ya there Martin

To be honest with you, I think there was very little useful information in the questions and answers.  Rather than go through all the hastle of trying to dig it up - if anyone has any further questions they just have to ask.  O0  We can answer them.

aye
john e
bluebird

GaryM

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 10:01:12 pm »

Hi
I agree with Bluebird - don't hassle yourself Martin, please, and as Bluebird says, any questions we can PM and ask.

regards

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 08:55:15 am »

OK, if you're sure..... topic cleaned up.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 10:43:40 am »

PLAN FOR A 42" MODEL OF A FAIREY MARINE HUNTSMAN Item number: 270253659261

This is on Ebay

aye
john e
bluebird

red181

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 08:09:17 pm »

Those flea bay plans do look like a Huntsman, unfortunately cant see the rear, which would identify whuch model, but it does look like the  slightly longer Huntsman 28, which I have.

Whilst on the subject, I have noticed that the bow shape differs quite a lot, depending on which version of plans are used. Some are very rounded, whilst mine is much sharper, like the fleabay plans, and like the actual boats themselves

murphy1570

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 12:48:28 am »

The plans are not available from Model Boats or myhobbystore; if they are  then they'll be hearing from my solicitor!!

With the blessing of the Editor of MB magazine I can supply photocopies of the original tracings for £5 incl P&P - which is precious little more than cost. Bluebird's Build article is more comprehensive than the magazine article, as I was restricted for total space. I do, however, have copies of the 'finishing method' part of the original (which has appeared previously on this Forum).

Send me a PM or E-Mail via the ACTion website if you're interested.

FLJ

Hello FLJ
If you still have copies of the plan for THE FAIREY SWORDSMAN I would like to order a copy from you if possible, please let me know if you can still supply them, and the price and if possible a copy of the"finishing method" as well, I have a copy of Bluebirds Build article and I would like to try and build one myself.,with the help of Bluebirds article and your plan and finishing article if they are still available.
Thanks all the best,John.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 07:07:19 am »

These plans are now available from Myhobbystore - courtesy of FLJ.

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/33952/swordsman-plan-mm2058

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.