Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Slipway  (Read 5304 times)

croakle

Model Slipway
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:01:33 pm »

Nice to see a prominent link to Mayhem on the Model Slipway website.

Is anybody building an Envoy tug at the moment?

Best wishes

Julian

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Model Slipway
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 01:38:10 pm »

No not building one but will be my next project. I like the look of the post war version as the colour scheme seems to make it stand out more than navy grey.

I'd like to consider a steam engine but these seem to be hard to get now that Cheddar are no more.

Any links to info \ photos of Englishman, Vernicos \ Sintra etc would be welcome.

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 06:30:57 pm »

Anton Steam Engines made in France, available from Westbourne Model Centre in Bournemouth, are suitable for this model. Westbourne's telephone number is 01202 763480.

Jackie

Gypo

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 11:54:00 am »

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 01:47:41 pm »

I have read in MB a few issues back that Chedder has been sold to a chap in the Channel Islands, apparently an ex business partner of the owner. I beleive he as jsut started trading under the Chedder name again after getting the tooling etc sorted out.

Hope this helps
Daryl

splodger

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 03:45:41 pm »

On Anton Steam engines, yes they're lovely things, but have you seen the prices? If you phone Westbourne for a price, make sure you're sitting down when they break the news to you.

The Anton unit is vaguely similar to the old Cheddar Gemini, which wasn't cheap either of course, but there are more economical alternatives. ACS in Scotland is producing a pair of twin-cylinder oscillators that are very similar in size and output to the old Cheddar Puffin and Plover, and every bit as well made as the Cheddar units were. Either of the ACS steam plants would be a perfect combination with Slipway's Envoy tug, and the good news is that even the larger unit is less than half the current cost of an Anton. Maybe I should point out that I have no connection with any of the manufacturers mentioned.

www.acs-engineering.co.uk

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 10:57:19 pm »

Thanks for the info on the steam plants. I'll certainly investigate this.

Anyone interested, I found the following pictures of Encore (in Hong Kong?), Envoy and supposedly Matsas in an all white colour scheme!.

http://www.nafts.com/DSRTA/ENCOREHK01.jpg

http://www.nafts.com/DSRTA/ENVOY4.jpg

http://www.teesships.freeuk.com/050805turmoil.htm (second picture down). Interesting to note Englishman was involved in the Flying Enterprise drama and is shown for the eagle eyed in the 4th picture in this series.

Acknowledgement to all the sites hosting the pictures.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.