Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: posting pictures of scale sail boats  (Read 3316 times)

ronkh

posting pictures of scale sail boats
« on: July 18, 2008, 08:23:23 pm »

Hello all, maybe this is a question that perhaps should go to Martin but hey, I dont think he would mind if I am told what to do by other members. (No rude replys to that ta!!) O0 I have some photos of my boats that I would like to share with the members and to get some honest opinions about. I have only been modeling boats for the last 2/3 years or so, and have only recently joined this forum. Until I looked through the web, I did not realise just how many sites there are dedicated to model boats. I did also not realise just how hooked I am to both building them and to the other sites! (Yes, this one is the best  ::)  Anyway, my question is this (finally!), is there a seperate page that you put your photos on (as in a gallery) or is it just through the "additional options" part when choosing a new topic? I have used this part recently to load photos of some old bangers that I work on (in the "chit chat" bit) so I am nearly alright with that. I just have to remember to make them smaller for the site to accept. I include a couple of pics for now for your opinions-if any-and hope they get through alright as when I tried at an earlier time, I had a heck of a lot of aggro doing so. Any help would be very appreciated. Thankyou.

PS. Boats are Bruma - Britannia

Ron.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: posting
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:59:14 pm »

Some very nice work there, congratulations, keep going
Steamed up all the time

ronkh

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:15:57 pm »

Thankyou. Have finished, I think, five boats; two are scratched built. Have got two yachts on the go -Britannia and Rainbow- am drawing up some plans for a Chinese Junk which I hope does not end up as its namesake! And a couple more still to be finished in my converted garage (now called "The Boat-yard")!  O0 Plus a speedboat and some other stuff. I think, seeing the above that I had better sort it out this weekend!!

Ron.

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 09:19:21 pm »

They look great Ron, keep posting...

Barry

ronkh

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:32:47 pm »

Cheers,

Have put a couple more on the model boat free plans page. Just above the chit-chat.

Ron.

catengineman

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 09:33:03 pm »

Yes dont stop posting and dont stop the great work

R,

ronkh

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 09:34:53 pm »

Make that just above the posting line!!! One day I will get the hang of this lark ::)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 01:22:54 am »

It is nice to see some more sail boats on the forum.

Thanks for sharing.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

ronkh

Re: posting pictures of scale sail boats
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 07:41:28 pm »

Couple more pics which include Bitannia. Am starting to do the rigging and one part is of stainless wire which I have found to be a bit awkward for two reasons; first, getting and then keeping it straight and secondly, because of the tension required to then keep it straight, I then needed to make sure the wire is pulled down tightly. For this I have used some pins which have a hole in to hold a ring. The pin I grooved to hold cyno before quickly but lightly hammering down, (will get close-up photo next time) after drilling a smaller sized hole in deck. The windlass and the other black bit - cant always remember the names of the parts!! I had to make myself as supplied parts were c##p.
Other boats are the President by Amati, the Will thames barque by Billings and a paddle boat (still to be finished).
Because I am a relative newcomer to this site, I have not got many pics from when I started these. I will try to find any though as I think I have a few somewhere in this computer.

Ron.

ronkh

Re: posting pictures of scale sail boats
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 07:44:45 pm »

Forgot, the brown and red speedboat was made from a free plan from the Model Boat Magazine. I started this last week, mainly after a few hours at Goodwood, and the proper name is Sea Hornet Minor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.