Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: European Passenger Ferry kits (for RC)  (Read 102065 times)

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: European Passenger Ferry kits (for RC)
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:06 pm »

GREAT photos John  :-))

... that first photo, at first glance, looks like the box had the side torn open!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2010, 05:48:26 pm »

Hi Martin
The ferries of Tallink have very novel paint jobs. Here we have Baltic Princess , Star , Super Star,Victoria 1 and Galaxy. Then we have the inside of Silja Symphony.The ferries up there are in a different world to what we have.

John

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2010, 08:45:55 pm »

Oooooh,... Pretty...

8)

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2010, 02:33:56 pm »

Hello all!

I've just found an interesting RC ferry link with a couple of very nice looking models (with videos and photos). I particularly like the Blue Star ferry which has working stern and bow doors:-

http://scratchmodel.com/Modeller.html

Cheers
Simon  %%

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2010, 05:52:51 pm »

Hi Christian!
Thanks a lot for the information. That is really a very nice model you built, thanks for showing this beauty.
Hama.
[Hello Hama,

there is a modell kit (1:100) of the Kong Harald by "PK Modell" (I think it is a norwegian company). I don not know the price of the kit. The Kong Harald is a ship of the norwegian coastal service operated by Hurtigruten. I donīt know whether or not you can call this vessel a ferry. It has a small garage. I attached a photo I found in the net. I think the same modell is (or was) also offered by the company "Krick", but I am not sure. Christian]

[/quote]

Billing boats do one as well... maybe the same one

http://www.howesmodels.co.uk/RadioControl/viewProduct.php?ProdID=4584

need deep pockets tho  :o
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2010, 06:44:01 pm »

Nice find there Simion. That Blue star ferry was nice. That bow ramp would get wet if it was deployed when the model is on the water

John

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2010, 10:02:03 pm »

Hello John,

Yup! Apart from the Finnjet and Deans Marine kit have you any more ferries lined up?

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2010, 04:55:58 pm »

I would like to do 2 sprite class ferries. There were 3 in the class The sprite , hearld and pride of free enterprise.I have just been collecting photos at the moment.If Oleander stayes down in the med and dosent come back. There may be a chance to get plans , not sure. This is a long way off yet. I would think 2013 at or later. Celestine is on hold till I finish off rebuilding the work shop.

John

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
  • Figurin' it out........slowly!!!
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2011, 12:47:11 pm »

I would like to do 2 sprite class ferries. There were 3 in the class The sprite , hearld and pride of free enterprise.I have just been collecting photos at the moment.If Oleander stayes down in the med and dosent come back. There may be a chance to get plans , not sure. This is a long way off yet. I would think 2013 at or later. Celestine is on hold till I finish off rebuilding the work shop.

John

Can't say too much at the moment - or give too much away................but I know of two new cross channel car ferry kits in the prototyping stage at this moment..........and I am sure you would not be disappointed!!!!!

Expected availabilty of the first would probably be toward the end of this year (2011) with the second in the summer or 2012...

Wiill keep you all posted.....
Carl

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2011, 05:08:21 pm »

Hi Carl
If you are doing a Sprit class ferry kit in or near 1:100 you would make my day.

John

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »

Oooooh,... Pretty...

8)

Now I fear it was a mistake to post that...Toesup will have a double-ended-go-fast-both-ways Springer like that in the Werks soon. %% {-) It is a bonny looking craft though.
..well can you land on this?

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2011, 05:20:21 pm »

"Hi Carl
If you are doing a Sprit class ferry kit in or near 1:100 you would make my day."

Now John........that would be giving the game away %) %) %)

Lets just say....................'it is not an impossibility - more a probability'.........

The FEV is certainly occupying nearly all my time outside my 'normal' day job........but it is now getting to the stage where I can think of the next couple and have already started laying the 'foundations'....

I would estimate that a 'Spirit' would be on the horizon in about 18 - 24 months.  It takes the best part of 4 months at the moment to design the kit (just the draiwngs).......

Can you wait that long?  :-))
Carl

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2011, 05:27:12 pm »

I can wait. I have mv Celestine on the go at the moment. Hoping to start 1:100 Finnjet soon. That a fair bit of time taken up.
The Sprit class would be a real chalanage with all thoes angels in her superstructer and her hull. The hull has some realy wearid bit in it like the way the front and rear kink up from the middel. I have loads of photos of her taken from diffrent angels incuiding her bridge pm me if you need any.

john

carlmt

• Full Mayhemer
    • Linkspan Models
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2011, 05:36:10 pm »

Hi John - PM sent...............one can NEVER have too much information!!!!
Carl

Howard Q

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2011, 10:51:30 pm »

Hi. Just as an add on, the MV Muirneag of Cal Mac used to belong to the Isle of Man Steam packet and sailed under the name Bellard, but didn't stay long, she was chartered out for a while but was laid up prior to sale several years ago, there is a model on the Island built as the Bellard. Howard Q.

hama

« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2011, 11:00:57 pm »

Hello!
Seems like the ferries are getting more freqvent on the forum now, so here is my contribution. I built this hull about ten years ago and I'm still waiting for inspiration to continue. Perhaps now with all this activity on the forum. In -93 I worked as second mate on this ferry, then on charter for Larvik Line trading between Larvik Norway - Fredrikshavn Denmark under the name "Thor Heyerdahl". She was built as "Dana Regina" in -74 and was later in her career the first ferry to open up ferry traffic to the Baltic states as "Nord Estonia", predecessor to the ill fated "Estonia".I believe she is still alive, but not kicking, as "Vana Tallinn" for Tallink. I think it's a beautiful ship and remember that she had teakdecks on the promenade decks. I took copies of the GA when I left and that was enough to make a bread and butter construction. It's made of balsa and covered with epoxy. Some day she WILL be built!
All the best!
Hama.

deadwood

• Full Mayhemer
SUPERFAST V + VI Lines Plan
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:43 pm »

Though not quite a kit I hope my posting here is appropriate nonetheless.

Because I share your interest in ferries I reconstructed the hull lines of a few modern ferry designs that tickled my fancy by aid of the freely usable hull lofting software DELFTship.

My latest addition to my ongoing thread in a German model boats forum is that of the hull lines of SUPERFAST V + VI ferries which were built in 2000 at HDW Kiel.
As a basis for my guesswork I used the scan of a small general arrangement plan of the vessel that was published along with a technical ship description in the German naval architecture magazine HANSA  of the respective year of build.

If you scroll up or back in the history of my thread you will find similar hull lines that I did of other ferries.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »

Very nice set of hull lines for Superfast 5. I know Superfast 9 and 10 ex Talink boats had the new superstructr but was the hull the same.

John

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2012, 09:28:03 pm »

Hello!
Well, no kits this time either but I wish they were. Just bought the GA for some of my favourite ferries. Figured that someday I might build them, if only a simple version. The full plan doesn't show on the pictures but they all have deck plans, no frames though.
They are; m/s Gotland, m/s Svea Corona, m/s Patricia and m/s Tor Britannia.

All the best!
Hama

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »

Hi Hama

The story continues; I think your ship is now leased to Allferries (from June 2011 for a 3 year contract in the med) renamed as the Adriatica Queen.
Showing as in port at Bari today. I would like to see you finish your build on Mayhem but with a better paintjob than she has now.

There are a few ferry enthusiasts on here who would enjoy looking in.

Dave

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2012, 08:15:51 am »

Hello
Happy to see that she's still alive, but wonder for how long? A fine ship! The biggest ship I've had the pleasure to manouvre, that was great fun turning her around and backing into position at the linkspan. Standing on the open wing in a summermorning after a nightcrossing, great memories from almost twenty years ago.
Thanks for showing.
Hama

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »

Hi Hama
Do you have a link to were you got thoes plans as there are a few I would like to get. As for Tor Britaina hull lines dont worry Ralph (deadwood) on here has done a set see link.
http://www.rc-modellbau-schiffe.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=22433&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1

John

hama

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2012, 07:24:07 pm »

Hello John!
I got them from a "Historic shipping association" called Klubb Maritim that Iīm a member of. If you go to klubbmaritim.com and look for ritningsarkivet ( plans archive ). You can read the site in english. I donīt know if you have to be a member or not to buy plans, but they have lots of plans. Hardly any frame plans though. Each plan cost SEK 75.
Let me know if I can help out in any way.
Good luck!
Hama

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2012, 11:20:02 pm »

Hi Hama
thank you for that. That is some list they have. I is goin to take a while to work throught that lot. It is a shame the when you see a ship you cant click on it and get an image of her. At first glance it would seam that it is older boat going up 1970s. I wold like to get some G/A of the baltic ferries os Silja,Viking Talink

john
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.