Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS HOOD 1/350  (Read 6039 times)

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS HOOD 1/350
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 03:55:04 pm »

Eric  good thought . the wife has loads on the fridge  wonder if she'd notice   :angel:

thought about water proofing not much we can do there just man the pumps .

Mick

Eric65

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 07:05:30 pm »

Will you have the whole centre section removable, or try and only have the upper boat deck so?

If you had only the upper deck removable then you have access problems to get to the motors and batteries, but less problem of water ingress....hmm.

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 09:08:02 am »

Yep been wondering on that one, think it will be the whole deck as the upper deck has so much moulded into it to take the super structure, will have to  check what fittings overlap if any the railings will need to split at that point.

just removing the degaussing from the kit at the moment to add the etched ones taking it easy  must admit I find it harder to get
started on this than the normal RC kit's  but its differant and no rush, good that we can pick up tips from this site.

Mick

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 09:43:34 am »

Steve Neill did this conversion earlier this year.  Here's his build thread for your reference http://www.subpirates.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3759 along with a few photos of his work.  He's run it in choppy waters in the lake without any problems.

Regarding magnets, I'd recommend small rare earth magnets - I've installed them on my Canonicus monitor & have trouble prying the deck off!  With a little vaseline on the subdeck flange & these magnets pulling , I won't have any problem with water in the hull unless I hit a torpedo.  8)

Chuck

"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 01:38:47 pm »

Chuck  many thanks for the post and the web address. fantastic if I get it half as good will be most pleased.

nice little thread building on this, should help a few people thinking of doing a convertion . certainly helps me .

Thanks again    Mick

Eric65

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 01:46:42 pm »

Great photos!

Looks fine on the water, sitting nicely.

I am waiting for the 15in barrel upgrade to arrive, I like the blast bags...looks much better.

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 02:18:34 pm »

Anytime Mick! I follow several forums & find there's a lot out in cyberspace to share, as well as bring a few guys here to expand their modeling horizon. 

Steve is a great builder & loves to knock these conversions out when he's not deep into scratch projects like the BK & Nautilus he just finished this week.  He followed Hood with the Jeremiah O'Brien & has several larger conversions before these 1/350 projects.  You can find these & other build threads in SP's Targets forum.

Chuck
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

MCAT

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 01:48:41 pm »

I will try this post again  Martin please don't reset the Forum for the next 5 minutes you Devil you    >>:-(

ordered the mixer and esc for the Hood today from Action  boy are they small and neat id should say so.
ordered Monday 10am  have them in my not so tiny mitts 9.45 today.  forgot the server  idiot   >:(
ordered that today  probable arrive before I finish this post.

so all being well should have a good turning circle and the rudder working just for show at this scale .
get some paint in and will start the build next week for real.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 02:53:08 pm »

What make is the Kit - Tamiya?
Yes Tamiya O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.