Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Have Palns of USN DSRV  (Read 2740 times)

George

Anyone Have Palns of USN DSRV
« on: July 27, 2008, 07:34:04 am »

Hi

Anyone have plans for the U.S Navy DSRV - Deep Submergance Rescue Vehicle ? I would like to build one and make it a remote controllable version.

Please let me know if anyone can help with  detailed plans.

Thanks, George

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Anyone Have Palns of USN DSRV
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:41:53 am »

No plans, but you may find this link interesting-

http://www.fxmodels.com/DSRVMystic.shtml

George

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:31:39 am »

Hi

Thanks for the link to that site. I have been all through it and printed off as much as I could. I have been intouch with the owner as well over the past 3 + years, still waiting to see an R.C version with No luck.

Given up on this source so now I look for plans or Hulls / kits of the same.

Thanks, George

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 10:03:07 am »

I would think the static version would be suitable for conversion. IIRC, it's supplied as a set of hollow polyurethane resin castings.

There is a company in Japan who make a small 1/72nd scale kit, might be a bit small though.

George

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:42:31 pm »

Again before I forget, Thanks to all who have read this post and offered suggestions.

I have looked at the FX site for his DSRV with the thought of converting the static kit to R.C BUT the owner told me that he was going to modify the kit, some how ?, so that it could better function in r.c.

As for the Japanese DSRV, I have been in contact with the builder ther, he makes a larher scale version as a kit as well, just have to save up with the exchange rate from Canadian to Japanese etc. Still would like to find plans and try making the hulls myself.

Well, Thanks Again for all your suggestions, keep them coming please.

George

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:20 am »

Okay. I believe the DSRV R/C conversion was placed in the capable hands of Dave Merriman. That was some time ago, and I can only imagine the project is a slow burn- a lot of Dave's latest efforts are concentrated on building sub drivers and conversion kits for inexpensive injection moulded sub kits, there being a healthy market for the latter.

Sooo, you may have a long wait for a conversion kit, but a static DSRV hull would save you a lot of time.

Re plans, you may have more joy posting over on Sub pirates or Sub Committee boards.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.