Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ferries in Marseille today  (Read 1414 times)

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
Ferries in Marseille today
« on: July 27, 2008, 05:17:34 pm »

Dear All

Here's a bit of Summer sunshine for you! I was in Marseille today (Sunday 27th July 2008). Several interesting ships were docked in the "new port" but unfortunately I could only glimpse them from our car (hence the rather odd angles in the photos). Many of the ferries there sail to Corsica and Algeria (SNCM being one major operator). Later on we stopped off at one of the most famous pizzerias in Marseille "Pizzeria Chez Jeannot" (see photo). As we were eating enormous pizzas, two ferries passed close to the little harbour area where the restaurant is situated, and these can be seen heading out to sea, under the arch of the road bridge. I can tell you that it is extremely hot here today in Provence (circa 32°C in the shade), as it has been for weeks with virtually no rain!

Cheers
Simon  :D

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ferries in Marseille today
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:00:03 pm »

hi there simion nice it hot here to a last ;D. So go on which on of the ferrys do you want to make. Looks like you are having a good time out there.

john

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Ferries in Marseille today
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:47:13 pm »

Hello John,

Good to hear from you! The hot sunny weather is very nice (a bit too much at times though). My wife is French and from this part of France that's why we come here. I discovered a very nice lake nearby the other day which would be fantastic for RC boats; not only that, you could swim alongside your favourite model tug, ferry, coaster, or whatever as it made its way through the water, because the water is so warm and clear! I might build myself a small tug that I could transport in my lugguage between the UK and France and sail it on this lake (this is why I have been posting so many queries about smaller models on the forum lately, including ferries of course!). As to which ferry I'd like to build, that's a hard one. Something with a UK connection and fairly modern I think.

All the best
Simon  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.