Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fleetwood Boat Club.  (Read 2242 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Fleetwood Boat Club.
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:51:39 pm »

Anyone on here populate the Fleetwood pond? They seem to sail a lot of yatchs which isnt my bag, more scale and RN ships etc.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Fleetwood Boat Club.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 10:24:41 pm »

Having possibly the best purpose built model yacht lake in the UK they do have a bias towards wind-driven boats, but they also have a healthy scale section.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

ron h

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:42:57 pm »

I have sailed there years ago, a very friendly lot, even sent me a card to say I came last of 4, ;D ;D my boat was about 3 times as big as there,s

andybear

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:44:26 am »

fleetwood club is open to all kinds of boats, yes it is a perfect sailing lake ( purpose built )  but i can assure you there are plenty of scale power boats in the club, i think this is why there are scale shows and events most of the year not just schooner which there is a great showing of. so the bottom line is all boats and all skippers are more than welcome at fleetwood and it is also a public lake, so anyone can sail on it.  andy thom ( fleetwood member )

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 02:02:52 pm »

ive been sailing on it for 2 years with a home built yacht and a scale pt boat,ive just recently started running a petrol powered deep v speed boat and as said all seem welcome.im not a member but  most members welcome newcomers wether they be members or not.so long as common curtesy is used they seem happy to see anyone using the lake although obviously on race days the racers have priority .that said theres a small lake available to small scale boats and also a large lake the other side of the bridge that can be used also.ive even run my speed boat on the lake when sail boats (shooners ) were on the lake ,no one complained and i kept well away from them so i dont think i scared anyone  ;D.some of the scale boats ive seen at the lake are outstanding and i usually take my son and his small 34" pt boat i scratch built for him with us just to show were not just into fast noisy boats  ;).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.