Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 4764 times)

catengineman

What did you do today?
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:42:35 pm »

I will ask that same question of me {-)

I took the spanner out ! yes I relented yet again and let her sit in the car next to me while I endeavoured to deliver her to a place of happiness (for both of us actually)

While said spanner was in the throws of orgasmic delights (buying shoes) I took the time to slide off UN noticed to the model shop a few doors down.
Speed controller, patch leads, anchor chains and anchors obtained and gleefully looked upon I returned to spanner whom still in the Ecstasy of leather on skin smiled and called me 'love'

When asked as to what I had done I casually said "Oh just got a few small bits for my tugs" this was met with the retort of 'O, OK' then 'did you get everything you wanted'
Was that a missed chance to run back into Anglia Models and buy LOADS OF BOATS & BITS? I think not but I am happy with my lot today....

R,

Capt Jack

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:33:45 pm »

And what would those bits be for, then Burtie ????

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 10:44:25 pm »

I've been fighting a hard drive that lets me see the data but refuses to relinquish it despite 8 hours of swearing,
threats, gesticulation's and bribes...   

>>:-(
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:31:51 pm »

I have been fighting with all day with an Insurance Company that insist I fit a Thatcham Aproved Alarm/Immobiliser and a TRACKER in my wifes 9 yr old Hyundai Coupe.
The cost of these is more than the car is worth, and it has been insured for the last 9 years.
Yes and I mean ALL day!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 11:32:51 pm »

Change the company Bob?

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:42:54 pm »

erm,
I have told anyone that would listen in the company EXACTLY what I thought of them.
It just leaves my missus without insurance cover so I will have to drive her to work until I get another company sorted out and wait 8 working days to get my money back!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 11:45:19 pm »

Chasing 2 booming apprentices around the workshop trying to get them to work ARGH the youth of today DONT WANT TO WORK all they want is to play games.Confiscated their mobile phones within 10Min's of starting work,caught them having a sneaky fag break(didn't offer me one >>:-()I am sure my hair was not this white when i went to work

Stavros

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:50 pm »

Purchased a Burco 20ltr gas water boiler to ensure plenty of tea and coffee for Mayhem Llanberis (and future Mayhem events Martin) put sticker on said boiler, therefore making it a company asset, therefore making it tax deducable---
Oh and did some work !!!
Steamed up all the time

andyn

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:48:25 pm »

I've been fighting a hard drive that lets me see the data but refuses to relinquish it despite 8 hours of swearing,
threats, gesticulation's and bribes...   

>>:-(

Martin, did you try a large hammer? works for me and this b!%£"$*@ new router Sky have sent me.

I went boating, and played with my Hellcat. And got wet. And incredibly sweaty. And ate too many mint imperials.
And now I'm fat....

catengineman

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 12:11:49 am »

And what would those bits be for, then Burtie ????

Secret
But will say resin around bearing housing has stopped water ingress  O0 (OK well almost)

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 12:15:25 am »

Cleaning up a bunch of model boat fender...

;)

Yeah, it's work... I'm workin'  ::)

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 01:03:34 am »

Trying to sort out the car and a claim against the gas (Petrol) Station for serving me something OTHER than Gasoline (Petrol) on Tuesday

Gas (Petrol) shouldnt look like TEA!  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 01:43:02 am »

Slept from 0800 to 1200, walked the dog, did a bit on the hydrofoil refurb, had tea and came to work at 1830 - oh the joys of nightshift.
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Roger in France

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 06:32:48 am »

Walked the dog; cut part of a hedge; strained my shoulder; had a swim; finished reading a book; sat in the sun; slept in the sun; had another swim; had a couple of glasses of a dry white wine by the pool; walked the dog (again); ate dinner; drank a good bottle of Madiran; watched an interesting programme about Laurie Lee's travels; slept like a baby with the air con. on full blast.

It's a hard life but.......

Roger in France.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 08:41:36 am »

After all that, you had better have a restful day today Roger and take it easy !!!!!
Steamed up all the time

catengineman

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 08:49:17 am »

That was one of his RESTFUL days {-)

J.beazley

• Full Mayhemer
  • The building never ends
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 09:23:27 am »

Ok here goes i got up at 11pm last night to only work from midnight until 9 this morning.

flipping hard work sorting out and working 60 odd cages of produce then work 8 meat cages in an hour and a half :o
Supermarket looks all the better once ive filled it over night only for the GOGS to strip the shelves when the store opens  :'( oh well have to do it all over again tonight.

Jay
(sleeps all day works by night trys to model in between)
1:48th scale for my ships. Large enough to show gratuitous detail, small enough to stay married.

catengineman

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 09:35:35 am »

Well AS its my Birthday I is going out to NORWICH well according to spanner that is! >:(

Now I know that she is not in need of shoes (or is that part never satisfied) I have been informed that I will be taken into HMV ?
We have Wii etc etc and I have enough music so what could she want on MY birthday?

There is a MODEL shop or two in the city (yes Norwich is supposed to be a city) so I may get to drop in and get some MORE STUFF  O0 O0

Though I would have liked to spend today on the tugs and change the livery so they are both the same.. (now which to paint?)
Venture is easiest! Tito ? choices choices choices

R,

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 09:54:15 am »

Any of them still stock boating bits? My nearest decent one  (Watton) used to but has stopped now. I don't often go into the "big city", but might make the effort - at least its free with the bus pass!

Rick - in deepest, darkest Norfolk

catengineman

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 10:33:09 am »

Hi RickF,

Not sure on the stock that the shops have in Norwich, like you dont get there often but park n ride is the only way for me.
I would think that they should still cater for the wet boys NMBC is not that far away and from thier site they are quite a large club.
Sorry dont get there LMBC is only half a mile away.
I will see what I can find (spanner permitting, and so far from the size of the handbag I think I may be in for a week of shopping centers)                                                              ARRRGH shoot me now

R,

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 11:20:05 am »

Well As its my Birthday I is going out to NORWICH

NORWICH!!!!! Well done that man, well it was your birthday!!!    ( K.O.R.W.I.C.H.  ;) )

I bet I get modferated for this one!  {-)

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

taxi

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 12:48:44 pm »

Phoned up a model shop and ordered one of these.     http://www.modelslipway.com/sentinel.htm    Now I am financially embarrassed for a while but it will give me something to do when on holiday in the Costa Lochaber,  rain almost guaranteed.

catengineman

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 08:27:05 pm »

Well As its my Birthday I is going out to NORWICH

NORWICH!!!!! Well done that man, well it was your birthday!!!    ( K.O.R.W.I.C.H.  ;) )

I bet I get modferated for this one!  {-)

Would you be able to UNMODERATE the moderation?  just a shu thought
R,

catengineman

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 06:00:59 pm »

Hi All,

Just thought I would show what I did today.
Went to my local,   Lowestoft Model Boat Club   regatta carnival,  so here are a few pictures.

catengineman

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 06:05:47 pm »

And a few more.
I came second in the steering comp even though I did the whole course in reverse (no I went the correct way round but I drove the tug backwards the full distance)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.