The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Working Vessels

Cable and wireless at ellesmere years ago

(1/4) > >>

warspite:
I was wondering if anyone remembered going to the ellesmere show one august bank holiday, from what i remember was to celebrate a particular date, where upstairs in the main traders hall there was a small conference room, the room was laid out with tables around the edge and a centre section, at the back of the centre section was what i think was a static model of a cable and wireless cable laying ship, superb detail, does anyone know if this ship ever existed or was what was planned to be built before cable and wireless cable laying operations were bought out, as i have not found any reference to this ship any where on the web.

thanks

ron h:
Yes it did exist, Jimmy only builds ships he can get aboard and take photo,s of.

warspite:
do you know what it is called and who owns the vessel (actual ship that is - not the model), was the model a static?

Red_Hamish:
Hello all, the Cable laying vessels owned and operated until 1999 by Cable & Wireless were taken over by Global Marine. You can try their website  http://www.globalmarinesystems.com/cap_installation.asp  for information . Hope this helps

cheers

Jim

ron h:
Yes, It was static.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version