Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broadband Costs  (Read 1653 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Broadband Costs
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:00:54 am »

Been kicking myself. I have been paying £24.99 a month for the AOL Platinum package for a while now. Recently did some checking and found that the Silver service now offers the same specs (up to 8mb - 5mb in my case- and unlimited downloads) for £14.99. So I have changed over saving £10 per month.

Yes, I know i can probably get an even cheaper deal elsewhere but I want to keep my email address and AOL has actually been pretty reliable for me these last few years.

Colin

andyn

Re: Broadband Costs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:28:55 am »

We've got Sky - Broadband, Talk and Tv for £16 a month with £30 ste up charge.

Got a free router and Mcaffee full internet security free

Had it about a month and it's great, although the router is quite temperamental.

Mind you,its free, dad pays!  ;)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 10:56:16 am »

Mind you,its free, dad pays!

Same applies to my daughter, but I'm the Dad....

das boot

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 11:01:17 am »

I have one of those 3 mobile broadband dongles, £15 a month and it lasts me a month too. Bit iffy sometimes, but overall it's not too bad.

Rich

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 01:07:34 pm »

WE Use Ntl-Virgin Media
20mb Broadband (unlimited) , XL Tv Package , Free uk phone calls  24/7, free Wireless Router

£55.00 pm

I have found them recently to be very good , also FREE help desk

Not sure if this is a good price or not but like Colin it becomes a pain if you move and then having to set up new email addresses

Wiggy

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 05:52:08 pm »

Can't have AOL broadband where I am but do have an AOL mail box on 'Dial-Up', well, saying that, I DID have one until last week. A friend called to say that he was having difficulty logging on to 'Dial-Up' and could I check his settings.
Went down to his house and rang AOL four times to check account details and passwords, etc. One guy said that he was on'Broadband' and insisted that he was  ???, can assure you that he wasn't. Eventually got on to an Irish speaking person who quickly checked the account and said ' Aol have closed the account and are not doing ANY 'Dial-Up' service anymore. You will have an e.mail explaining it all to you'.
I asked how he could check his e.mail box as he couldn't log on through his 'Dial-Up' ::), mmm, was the reply, he can't unless he changes to 'Broadband' which you can't get from us in that area!
Strange how they had still been charging him £18 something for a service that they didn't supply >:(.
The moral of this story is 'Always check what you are paying for as they won't tell you if it's wrong'. He had been paying his money for 2 years and not being a computer whiz, didn't realise as he is over 70!

Paul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.