Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MAYHEM WORLDWIDE  (Read 22089 times)

ronkh

Re: MAYHEM WORLDWIDE
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2008, 07:09:16 am »

Thanks, Danny - that's the main road not far from here. The snow won't be falling for a month or two yet, but when it does, it usually stays until April (except for last year when there was none, even at Christmas!).

Currently living in an apartment-type place (sort of a small block of flats, but built next to each other instead of on top of each other, so we have a small garden) but currently negotiating the purchase of a real house in the countryside. The only problem is deciding which of the available out-buildings to convert into a workshop!

David
Use the main house, more room!!
Ron.

David_S

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 07:28:23 am »

Thanks, Danny - that's the main road not far from here. The snow won't be falling for a month or two yet, but when it does, it usually stays until April (except for last year when there was none, even at Christmas!).

Currently living in an apartment-type place (sort of a small block of flats, but built next to each other instead of on top of each other, so we have a small garden) but currently negotiating the purchase of a real house in the countryside. The only problem is deciding which of the available out-buildings to convert into a workshop!

David
Use the main house, more room!!
Ron.

Actually, there is probably more room in the outbuildings, especially as they don't have to be furnished.

omra85

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2008, 08:05:22 pm »

The snow won't be falling for a month or two yet, but when it does, it usually stays until April (except for last year when there was none, even at Christmas!).
Ha - next you'll be saying you haven't even met Santa Claus yet!

Easy answer to the outbuilding question - have one for woodwork, one for engineering, a drawing office, a spray shop, indoor test tank, etc...
Thats what we all have - eh, lads  ::) ::) {-)

Danny

ronkh

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2008, 08:17:49 pm »

Not one for the wife then?? :o

David_S

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2008, 08:32:21 pm »

Who do think has already bagged the indoors rooms?  :)

omra85

« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2008, 08:36:51 pm »

Ron, you can't get 'done' for cruelty if you lock YOURSELF in the shed (at least I hope so)   {-)
Danny

ronkh

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2008, 05:06:57 pm »

But women can find ways to be cruel to us. Had to move one of my boats - a large-ish, heavy paddle boat - under duress and strict orders from the wife, from the lounge to my shed. >>:-( If that's not cruel, what is)?? She indoors has certainly "bagged" indoors, but at least I get to keep most of the garage.
Bliss!!!! O0

Ron.

kiwi96

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2008, 10:53:12 am »

Hi.
Just found this thread. Having just signed up the other day thought I would add to this one.
I live in Ohope ( pron, Oh Hope Pee) Beach. A small settlement outside Whakatane in the sunny Bay of Plenty area of New Zealand, on the coast of the mighty Pacific Ocean.

http://www.whakatane.com/ohope_beach.html

Regards,
Adrian.

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »

Waihi New Zealand, not a million miles from Kiwi in Hamilton. The only town I know of with a bloody great hole in the ground right next to the maun street that they take a million dollars worth of gold and silver out of every week! Not to mention the fact that we have a Cornish Pumphouse about as far away from Cornwall as you can get and that we recently picked up this 1800 ton pumphouse and moved it 300 metres so it did not fall in to one of the old gold mines. See http://www.waihi.org.nz/ for pictures and the story.  ::) Oh and just as a sideline we do have a boating lake, man-made by the mining company. Cheers, Ian.

omra85

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2008, 02:24:06 pm »

Ha - you may have gold and silver mines, beautiful beaches, swaying palm trees, and scantily clad women -

but do you have

-

-

-

-

- a shed  O0

Danny  :D

kit1947

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2008, 03:52:52 pm »

A little beach not a million miles from home at Wellsford   O0

kit1947

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2008, 03:58:54 pm »

My brother in laws shed and garage in Wellsford just for Danny  O0

omra85

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2008, 08:30:12 pm »

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

kiwi96

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2008, 09:55:41 pm »

Kiwimodeler ( Ian )
I know the lake well. Have sailed there when I was with the Scale Marine Modeler from Auckland. Now only get to sail at the Armastace Day in Cambridge in November as no decent lakes for boating here in Whakatane. Any chance you can give me dates etc or other contacts so can possibly sail with you guys there. No problem for the 2 hour drive.
Cheers,
Adrian.

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2008, 02:58:08 am »

Adrian, we sail in Waihi first Sunday of each month from Sept to May and then have the three months of winter off. You will often find people there other Saturdays and Sundays too. We start about 10:00 and got to whenever we have had enough! Council says we can use the lake any time, only restrictions are no IC or Fast Electrics boats. The Scale Marine Modellers visit first Sunday in Sept each year. There will be another lake available in Cambridge by Feb next year and the weed problems at Turtle Lake in Hamilton appear to have been fixed so SMMC will go there in Feb too. Present plan is Cambridge on a Sat and Hamilton on a Sunday. They also go to Hawera in Oct. For $15 I feel it is well worth being an associate member of SMMC just to get the newsletters. Alternatively if you want to send me a P M with your email address I will send on any events notices I get. Cheers, Ian.
ps, yes I have a shed, 9M by 6M but we built a barn style house just so we can have a play room inside that is half the floor area of the building for me to work on boats and her to paint works of art that are going to make us rich one day!

kiwi

« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2008, 08:26:50 pm »

Turtle Lake, Hamilton, with the weed mostly gone
Waihi Lake, very nice
kiwi

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2008, 11:51:15 am »

Right ! enough of NZ paradises :'(. Where are the rest of the worldwide Mayhemers...we must be told  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 !!!!!!!
..well can you land on this?

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2008, 12:59:01 pm »

When I put up the site detailing my build, I added a bit of code from the (excellent) www.statcounter.com guys. It provides an almost frightening amount of info regarding who's visited your site. Here's the first couple of hundred from Europe:

...Not many German visitors to a WW1 RN vessel!

(Someone on that image is using Windows 98. I shan't say who.)

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

KaMeWa

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2008, 01:18:58 pm »

Helsinki, Finland. Birthplace of many great 1:1 ferries, cruise ships and icebreakers...  :-)

- Mikko

ronkh

« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2008, 01:21:19 pm »

Hello KaMeWa.

Ron.

David_S

« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2008, 03:28:03 pm »

Terve Mikko. Quite a few people from Finland here.

ronkh

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2008, 05:04:49 pm »

I cant even get away from the Finnish on here %) :-))

David_S

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2008, 05:56:34 pm »

Why would you want to?

ronkh

« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2008, 07:17:39 pm »

Why would you want to?
Just a little joke, (irony perhaps?)
At work, first there was Mika. Then we had Kimi and now Heikki.

David_S

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2008, 07:22:44 pm »

I can't say I'm much the wiser, but never mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 23 queries.