Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: motor controllers two motors  (Read 1870 times)

Hagar

motor controllers two motors
« on: August 07, 2008, 11:26:11 am »

I would like to have to el-motors configurede to run both together forward and backward, no problem, BUT I would also like to have one run forward and the other back. Sort of like a bow thruster set up.
This would give me all the control i need. Can you program ESC's to blend, like servos on a plane; rudder+aileroens? 8)

Would be required to only use one stick on the controller. See; wasnt that simple was it!! :D

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: motor controllers two motors
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:48:51 am »

Hi Hagar,

Yes you can do that but you need 2 speed controllers and a mixer or a mixer function on your transmitter.
Action Electronics (see sponsors) do a unit with 2 speed controllers and mixer all built in 1 unit.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »

Hagar,

Martin is spot on. ACTion's P94 is what you want. A magic little box that does the job superbly, and Dave Milbourn is a great guy to deal with.

I have one in my twin screw tug and am delighted with it. Good price too....but don't tell Dave I told you so or he may put them up!!!

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 02:53:29 pm »

I must concur, (I think that`s the word), with Footski.   I fitted one in my Riva Aquarama and it sorted out a (boat) problem that I have had for a couple of years.   It is a super bit of kit.   Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

Hagar

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 05:20:23 pm »

So I got that sortet then! 20a per motor, that kind of widens the choice a bit!

Thanks for the tip off.

And to give the news further, FMJ has informed me that I can run "tank stearing" on one stick. Well at least I think it was him  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.