Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smit crew  (Read 2891 times)

dogbone

smit crew
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:33:10 am »

hi to all
a newbie here just starting his first kit.
i have just taken delivery of a smit nederland. opened the box and checked all the parts and bags of bits. alls ok. but i thought it might look a little bit better if it had a crew members. so before i start to build does anyone know where you can get figures of the same scale to dot around the deck.
they would have to be propper boat crew of course. not the type of motor cruiser passenger and the like.
any ideas you lot.
 O0

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
Re: smit crew
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 12:45:00 am »

The Nederland is 1/33 so if you look around you can find figures close to that scale. I had a quick look on the web and found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCALEXTRIC-1-32-LOT-OF-11-PIT-CREW-FIGURES_W0QQitemZ220266636407QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220266636407&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Hope this helps

Riggers
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with

Reade Models

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:43:40 am »

George Turner produces some very nice 1:32 figures which might not be too far out of scale?  Have a look at:

http://www.georgeturnermodels.com/index.php?page=shopping&shop_cat_id=20

Malc

bigford

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:00:29 pm »

how about tamiya 1/35 military people. a little sanding

dogbone

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:09:57 pm »

had a look at the Scalextric people could use them at a pinch. George turner looks like the way to go though.
as for the solders I'll have to look at ways of covering over an AK47 rifle first. theres no way you could make it look like a spanner.
thanks to all who replied.
i think i should say that this thread has been resolved and end it now before it gets too silly with ways of disguising soldiers
 O0

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:17:43 pm »

Disguising soldiers is not that silly when soldiers are all you can get in the scale that you want.
I have German Japanese and American crew on my boats that all started out as American infantry.
If you cant buy it, you have to make it. O0
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Hagar

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 08:31:19 am »

Have a look at some of the Tamiya figures, dogbone.
I seam to recall that they do not have their "weapons" moulded into their hands, and you can, more often than not play frankenstien and swap arms and legs to get the pose you require.

WWII tank crews could be good, (=men in boilersuits and caps) The did a field kitchen crew that was pretty generic and caould be made into a whole buch of poses.

Most arms and legs can also be adapted by prudent use of a micro saw, a heat sourse and a dollop of filler!

salty Nscaler

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 12:15:16 pm »

Hi Hargar, You want to run down to your local hobby shop and look for G scale train people they run about 1:22 and should work well plus you'll have a choice of ppl "working"  8)

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 12:30:33 pm »

...Hi Guys...

Britains Farm Figures are at 1/32 Scale & they can be altered quite easily...
One them has a pitch-fork in his hands which can very easily be replaced by a length of rope as if he is coiling up mooring ropes etc..

...All the Best...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Wiggy

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 03:54:53 pm »

Hi,

Model Slipway do several 1/32nd. figures that are white metal and can be 'posed' as the arms are seperate.
      Easy to do with 5 minute epoxy and then just paint over.

Paul.     

Weeds

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 11:55:25 pm »

thought this was worth posting..Used but not sexually abused. There are 3 different figures.  They get along well with each other as none are gay and none are born againers. How nice! They are old enough that I am certain they are not made in China. How novel! Therefore they do not have lead in the paint so it would be OK if your kids ate them. How tasty! http://i11.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/06/ee/7422_1.JPG http://cgi.ebay.com/5-used-LaBelle-Weston-Cast-Engine-Crew-Figures-Paintd_W0QQitemZ150286215343QQihZ005QQcategoryZ484QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.