Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Err.... A little help here please??  (Read 8469 times)

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Err.... A little help here please??
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2008, 09:55:58 am »

R.I.P.slider! :'(

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 02:39:34 pm »

Poor lad, was just getting to like him as well. Shame really when the price of an inanimate piece of carpetting supercedes the vows of true love....hang on a minute, silly notion that true love. In the immortal words of Johnny Rotten,'Love is something you feel for a puppy', so let us take a moment to remember our dear friend and pause to reflect on his more virtuous moments.....well he had been warned silly mare.

barryfoote

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 06:06:18 pm »

Poor old R.I.P.    He has been on a slippery slide for some time...

catengineman

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 06:56:34 pm »

hypotheticaly he is still with us

isnt he?

R,

warspite

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2008, 08:19:30 pm »

See Reply 48 time, I noticed him logged on and posted this, so he survived past 11pm, hasn't replied though

Reade Models

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2008, 08:20:55 pm »

Don't write him off too soon.

He's probably put his foot down and said "If I want engine oil on the carpet, I'll have engine oil on the carpet"

He should be out of hospital as soon as the chisels have been surgically removed. :o :o

Malc

warspite

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2008, 08:26:24 pm »

:) maybe he was on-line from the hospital using the patientline devices ;D

warspite

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2008, 11:49:55 pm »

I see your on ripslider - everything ok ???? O0

RipSlider

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2008, 11:58:36 pm »

Sorry folks.... I couldn't post becuase my heart forgot how to beat properly for a while so have been at the hospital for a bit. That's a whole other thread though.

So far.. in this hypotetical world, Mrs Steve has not noticed any issues with the carpet. I *know* where the joins are, and I have to squint to see them. Add in a little tactical table re-positioning, and all seems to be going swimmingly.

However, as I say, I seem to have developed something called Atrial Fibulation, which essentially means one of the 4 chambers of my heart is firing at a very random sequence. Who know you could have a heart rate of 230 beats per minute? I'm told this isn't healthy.

If it doesn't go away, I have to have my heart shocked back into rythem on friday, so I'm getting fussed over at the moment.

The real test will be in a few weeks when Mrs Steve has stopped caring about me again and we'll see if she notices then...

Steve

warspite

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008, 12:10:05 am »

know the feeling, recently spent time in with - for me anyway - heart rate of 235 over 185, two weeks inside hospital and a whole load of doses of rampril and doxazosin for life helps, they call it malignant hypertension, BP now at normal but for how long, though high BP runs in family (most kick it due to it though - not much longer for me though  ;D - thats why i am trying to relax with kids) it all the other bits they check on, never ends.

The carpet sager does not help, so milk the sympathy while you can, if she finds the joins while hoovering or readjusting the furniture, claim you coughed up blood and thought you did not want to upset her any more than necessary  ;), although if this thread gets read, the blood will flow however much sympathy you think you might have had. this icon will be the wife if she finds out  >>:-(

barryfoote

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 04:02:58 am »

Ripslider,

Hope you get srted on riday amigo. Best of luck.

As for the carpet....You have it hypothetically cracked....Survive the first week or so and if she then clocks it, blame the store that fitted it for putting it down in pieces.

Barry

GaryM

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2008, 02:53:27 am »

I think Steve - you should speak to Martin and get this post er.. erased, just in case you good lady decides to take up model boat building.

regards
Gary

PS Glad to hear your still alive. :)

bigford

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2008, 03:32:16 am »

steve
  tell the wife what you did that will fix any problems you have  8)
all joking aside take care of your heart, replacements are hard to find!!!

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2008, 07:27:56 pm »

Glad to hear your ok mate, take care of the ticker, and hope all goes well. And if the consultant says you need more exercise, tell the missus the truth and you be running for weeks. {-) {-) {-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries.