Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mister Chris AHT engineering trials video  (Read 2714 times)

Captain Jack

Mister Chris AHT engineering trials video
« on: August 11, 2008, 02:23:11 am »

Just a quick video of my Salvirile kit undergoing propulsion trials. The vessel is named after my dear old dad, as all the vessels in my fleet are named after family members. The fishing sinkers on the cargo deck were a last minute addition for balasting, and will be relocated below decks ultimately.
Keep in mind, this is the first time shes had her bottom wet, and my ship handling skills are a bit rusty!
Still need to add more of the detail fittings, and do a little weathering.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Ae5D72fkU

GaryM

Re: Mister Chris AHT engineering trials video
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 03:20:53 am »

Great video, lovely looking boat and she handles well.
I've yet to get mine wet and like you will name her after a family member, my Mom.

regards
Gary :)

Captain Jack

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 01:41:08 pm »

Thanks for the kind comments Gary...and will we get to see some videos of her sea trials? Looking forward to it.

hama

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 09:53:23 pm »

Very nice!
Please show us more of her, looks great. So, what do you think of the kit now that she's done?
Congratulations on a very nice boat.
Hama.

Captain Jack

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:01 am »

Evening Hama,
  Well overall, the kit is excellent. You get everything you need except the motors, esc, radio gear, paint and adhesives. The small scale makes it easily transportable size wise, and fairly light at about ten pounds with ballast. The detailed fittings are excellent, though a bit fragile. The pre attached deck is my only real complaint. Using a gell cell battery of any real size (ie. amp/hr) isn't going to happen. It is possible to fit a bow thruster, and the cross tube is already there, but then again you'll have less room for batteries, a sound system, or anything else.  As you can see in the video though, I would feel very comfortable entering the kit in a steering competition even with out the thruster.The brass etched parts are a real plus. They make for a very neat detailing of the kit, although mildly hard to work with if you have large clumbsy fingers like mine. Outfitting the mast with working lights I feel is just too daunting a task for me due to the small size. Thats ashame, as I feel lighting a kit really adds to the finished project while underway or on display. I'll post more pics when all the detailing is complete. I want to add cargo, a few rig sized anchors, and heavy weathering. One more thing.... the stuffing boxes, and kort nozzles are already installed too! Saves alot of building time, and relieves a ton of frustration in aligning them. Your OSV will be my next kit if I can find one at the right price. It should go well with my offshore workboat fleet.   Hmmmmm....any thoughts on your part of building a rig to service?

tugs46

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 04:18:54 pm »

Nice work there Jack! O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 19 queries.