Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smit mast lights  (Read 4836 times)

dogbone

smit mast lights
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:20:24 am »

hi
i am building the smit nederland. i have got the hull finished and the deck in place i would like to fit her out wiith working internal lights and a mast with working nav lights.. i am just about to start on the cabin but i am thinking ahead to the mast and wire routing. can any one point me in the direction of a wiring layout for the mast nav lights. i've seen a set on ebay containing 7 lights but the smit mast has 6 on the mast ( 3 looking forward and 3 looking astern ) and 1 just below and to the side of the mast and port and starboard lights
any help would be welcome to a novice.
 :-\

fullboat

Re: smit mast lights
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 10:11:10 am »

Hi Dogbone,
I'm struggling with similar building the smit rotterdam, don't know how far you have got but the following link may help a bit .

http://www.mobilemarinemodels.com/acatalog/Electrical.html

Ive also just discovered as the above link is proof that searching this forum using advanced search is very usefull.
good luck with your model , I too am a novice and am finding the amount of info in this forum is brilliant.
let us  know how you get on as you may well stumble on a unique and very clever way to route the wiring.

Captain Povey

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:12:14 am »

Hi Dogbone, When I looked to add lights to my Smit Nederland I discovered that there were many mast light configurations for tugs to reflect what they were doing and what they were towing. In the end I opted for the simple version and put on one mast light. one stern light and the usual red and Green port and starboard lights together with some cabin lights. I posted a rather poor picture of it on here some time ago. Here it is again. Sorry I do not have a wiring diagram. Cheers Graham.

catengineman

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:35:07 am »

If this will help
1 Port side    Red
2 Stbd side   Green
3 Mast  forward facing White (lower)
4 Mast  forward facing White  (center)
5 Mast  forward facing White  (top)
6 Mast All round sight White  Very top of mast ANCHOR LIGHT
7 Rear of Accommodation White Stern Light
8 Below nos 7 Amber  Towing light
9 Three lights to either side of mast reading from top to bottom are RED  WHITE  RED  I know them as N U C and switched on in different configurations give different signals.

Then there is the search light and any flood lights you feel you want to have working

is this any help

dogbone

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 07:55:35 pm »

fullboat-
a very interesting link, thanks

captain povey-
she looks fine, could be the way to go, simple with good effect, thanks

catengineman-
wow i never thought there were that many, but if you want the boat to look the part and be a true representation of the real thing that is the way to go. i'll have to get my head round the wiring though. many thanks
 O0

tugs46

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 03:35:02 pm »

I guess it also depends on where in the world the boat is operating, in real life.
Many different regs.!
Solas and IMO are attempting to standardize the regs.

captain povey: Fine looking tug! Well done O0

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 12:45:13 pm »

i make mine like this. the brass tube is also the neutral for the lights hope this helps

Captain Povey

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 10:18:57 pm »

Thats a very neat piece of work ministeve. I wish I had half your skill and talent. Cheers Graham

tugs46

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 05:22:45 am »

Thats a very neat piece of work ministeve. I wish I had half your skill and talent. Cheers Graham
I'll second that!

VERY nice work ministeve O0

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 08:45:50 am »

thanks guys but if i can do it anyone can. If i do something its got to be easy  O0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.