Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fleetscale bismarck motors  (Read 2833 times)

modelman66

fleetscale bismarck motors
« on: August 21, 2008, 07:09:06 pm »

hi does any one know if electronize 543-23 motors 3 off would run 45mm props (P) type on 12volts ok in a 1/128 hull using FR15HVR speed controllers one for each motor these motors rev@8300 and shouldnt need a gearbox does this sound ok????  i was going to use eco500 motors but thought this might be better.

modelman66

Re: fleetscale bismarck motors help
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:26:30 pm »

sorry to be a pain i was going to get eco500 motors but when i tried to order cmb were out of stock so i ordered the electronize motors but now they are here the sticker on them says max prop 30mm but i wanted to use 45mm does anyone know whether they will be ok please? :-\

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: fleetscale bismarck motors
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 10:52:12 pm »

45mm on 12v may be pushing your luck a little. you could try it but make sure you put an appropriate fuse between the battery and esc.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 11:21:37 pm »

What props are you fitting?
You MIGHT get away with it if they are quite fine pitched but you would need to do a bath test
with an amp meter.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

modelman66

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:04:07 pm »

thanks for answering am i using too small a motor or too big prop size(fine pitch) its a fleetscale hull 77"long i havent a clue?on the drawing they measure 45mm props i thought smaller props wouldnt be enough for a boat this size please help, what if i wire two motors in series would this be better it makes them run at 6v if i understand correctly.

modelman66

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:39:31 pm »

O0 no problem using 30mm props on 12volt seperate esc and fuses trial and error
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.