Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking For Ship Plan Help Please  (Read 5306 times)

George

Looking For Ship Plan Help Please
« on: July 21, 2008, 06:19:24 am »

Hello to the Forum

I am a new member here. I have been researching a Foreign Navy ship as a possible build for R.C. I need help to find More Pictures and Hull Plans so that I could make one. It is a Fast Missile Corvette, from the Croatian Navy, formerely Yugoslav Navy. It was put into Service for the Croatian Navy in 1992. Overal length 53.8m and breadth 8.54m and depth moulded 4.45m. It has Four Missile in box tubes in the rear.

I have already been intouch with the design department in Croatia and have received as much as the person could share. I need help to find the Hull shape so that I can make bulk heads in the proper shape that are not shown on any of the papers I have. The actual shipyard can`t help me and referred me to the design dept. in Croatia where there still is some security issues I guess. I would like to build this ship for my father and to have it Remote Controllable.

Can anyone help me with a plan of the hull and pictures of the ship ?

Please let me know and Thanks In Advance for Your Help.

George 

Umi_Ryuzuki

Re: Looking For Ship Plan Help Please
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:19:48 am »

RTOP 11 Petar Krešimir IV rocket gunboat
Perhaps a Russian ship yard has info? ???

See post #56

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62077&page=4

Finnish gun boats purchased by Croatia... Maybe a Yard in Finland can help you.  ;)

http://www.nacional.hr/en/articles/view/44993/
Finnish navy FNS Kotka 63

George

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:36 pm »

Hi Umi

Thanks for suggestion But the RTOP 11 was built in Croatia. Do you or anyone else know of a Hull producer that might have a similar shaped hull for sale ?

Thanks, George

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 02:59:52 pm »

Hi George,

Is this the type you mean?

Tony

George

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:16:40 pm »

Hi TonyH

It looks like it But I can`t see the picture too clear. The Hull is defenitely not the one above in the post from Umi. If you can access Pictures of the Croatian Navy - look at the Fast Missile Corvette Kralj Petar Kresimir IV And there is a picture and some information in " wikipedia.org/wiki/Kralj_Kre%C5%Alimir_IV " Sorry about the link address, still new with computers.

If your picture is the one I am looking for, do you know where I can get hull plans OR buy a ready made Hull ?

Thanks, George

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 11:23:38 am »

Hi George,

The reason for posting the photo is that there's a lot of stuff on the web including a video on you-tube but all the sites are in languages I don't understand and can't identify.

I found this on a Balkan forum (I believe). The upperworks seem the same and IF it is the right type, the hull seems pretty standard in format so you may find a similar kit hull form. It may be worth copying the pic to Deans or others just in case.

One site that you may find help from is www.modelism.ro in Romania. They have odd sources.

Best of Luck

Tony

George

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 06:43:56 am »

Hi Tony H

Thanks for the latest tip. Yes the picture you posted is the Ship BUT I have gone to Deans site with No luck in finding plans OR a Hull. I also checked metcalf and even Loyalhanna etc for plans and hulls, No Luck.

Any sources you might suggest ? I`m up for checking out.

Thanks again, George

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 08:07:41 am »

It's an awful lot of expenese, but perhaps the Graupner #2145 - WP WIESEL would be a good hull to start from.

The modern boat I posted isn't right, but I hope the images on the other forum were useful.

:)

COOP

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 12:12:14 pm »

Hi George

I think what you are looking for is possibly a SNOGG class boat which was originally
Norwegian if you want plans for it let me know and i will e mail them to you
Regards
Tony

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 10:41:54 pm »

Hi George,

Another couple of pics you may not have seen.

The 'bow on' one may give you a better idea of the underwater shape and with the many photos on the web, and the drawings you have, you could produce a semi-scale hull I'm sure.

What scale do you want to build to? It may be worth looking at Janes for around 1992 to find gunboats with the same proportions as the Kralj class where the plans are easier to get. You could then scale up or down to suit. You would almost certainly have to change the deck line and you may have to change the transom but it could be the easiest solution to getting close to what you want. For example, the Australian Fremantle class has similar proportions and is often modelled.

Tony

George

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 07:31:19 am »

Hi Again Tony

Yes the last Two pictures are definetely of the hull I am looking for. I did not understand what  " Janes " you were referring to ? Can you provide any links to either hull vendurs OR Plans for this Hull ?

Thanks again Tony, George

As for scale I am thinking 1/48 BUT like you said I can always change the plans scale in the copy shops

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 05:30:20 pm »

George, I'll send you a PM later.

Tony

George

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 01:52:35 am »

Hi Tony H

I got the plans you sent me BUT at what scale are those plans ? I need to know before I go ahead with making the hull.

Please let me know.

Thanks, George
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.