Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking For Plans of Vietnam Era Monitor River Boats, Zippo etc.  (Read 3423 times)

George

Hi

Anyone know of OR have plans of a Monitor Style River Craft used during the Vietnam War. The one I am looking for is called a Zippo, for its flame thrower weapon. I would be interested in any Vietnam Era Monitor plans as well.

Thanks, George

brockya

Re: Looking For Plans of Vietnam Era Monitor River Boats, Zippo etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:26:17 pm »

Hi George.
I too am very interested in the Brown Water Navy and in the December 1989 issue of Marine Modelling Monthly there were basic plans for a river monitor from which I made my model of a river assault division 112 monitor, the Zippo was the same design just the armament change, It was great fun I lost count of the cocktail sticks used for the bar armour!! if you let me have your address I can post you the very copy of the magazine as I wont need it again and doubt if you can get it on back issues now. Another very good book is Riverine by Jim Mesko published in 1985 by squadron/signal, again I don't know if this is still around maybe on Ebay.
 Deans do make a kit of the Monitor of course.
Get in touch if I can be of help.
Richard.

brockya

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:35:55 pm »

Hi George.
Another pic of my monitor
Richard

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:12:24 pm »

Very nice looking Monitor Richard, thinking of doing some plastic magic on the Tamiya Pibber kit.

Robert

brockya

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 07:59:45 pm »

Thanks very much Robert.
There are two copies of the Riverine book on Ebay at the moment, I can strongly recommend it for text, pics and drawings of very many of the brown water craft, including the Pibber. Its suprising how many types of vessels were involved.
Richard.

GG

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:58 pm »

George,
          Plans for simple RC models of the Monitor and ATCH were published in "Model Boats" in August 2002 and January 1996 repectively.
GlynnG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.