Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe Geared Motor Questions  (Read 3068 times)

Tugboat Andy

Robbe Geared Motor Questions
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:01:44 am »

I am running Robbe geared motors in two of my Springers and I have some questions I hope someone can answer. Since you are closer to the "THE SOURCE" I would assume someone might have more experience with these units (I am located in Washington State in the USA.) Disclaimer: I am rather new at this electrical wiring, battery, and esc and motor business.

First off, according to the boxes I am sucessfully running a 3.3:1(?) #4106 and I have a complete 5.5:1 (#4083?) to be used in the next build with a monster prop. I also have two additional gearboxes with unknown gear sets (no pinions unfortunately). AND...I also bought gear set #4183 off EBAY (including a pinion) thinking I could use these parts in one of the other spare gearboxes. Not so, the main gear and drive shaft are set-up differently. :( Oh yes...I also have a a spare EF 76 II Robbe motor that I was going to mate up to one of the spare gear boxes.

Second: Does anyone know how many turns the Robbe motors are? Are they stock 27 turn motors? I am running the 4106 with a Tamiya 101BK ESC (so far sucessfully) at 6 volts. I just realized that teh Tamiya ESC should only be running 27 turn stock motors. Is this okay?

Well, so there we are then. A bunch of spare parts and the will (but not brains) to get enough of the right parts to get another boat running. Does anyone have the experience and patience to help me wade through these parts? Even a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I can provide photos and more infomation if that might help.

Many thanks

PS - This will be the last time I start hording second hand parts

fuelman8

Re: Robbe Geared Motor Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 01:07:26 pm »

Andy

I'd be really interested if someone could answer this, because I was thinking of using the geared motor in my next boat. :-\

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe Geared Motor Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 05:42:00 pm »

Hi,

A standard 8.4 volt Robbe Navy compact number 4105 at 9.6 v with a 45 mm racing prop draws 5.5 amps loaded, obviously this will increase if you stall the prop, I believe the standard Robbe navy compact has the 3:1 reduction fitted and is quite a powerfull unit ( the navy compact is the one with the shaft attached to the gear box you just bolt the motor onto it )

The easieast way to determine the power drain is to place an ammeter in line with the battery to one of the motor terminals with it set on the amps reading, you will then know the amperage draw of the motor , try and increase the drag on the motor until you stall it if you can and this will give you the max amps at stall, a 10 amp controller will be fine for most applications.

Hope this is of use :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.