Technical, Techniques, Hints, and Tips > Engineering Techniques and Materials.

need 50mm copper tubing

(1/4) > >>

oiler:
I've searched high and low for a week now. Does anyone know where one can find 50mm copper tubing or pipe? I'm trying to increase the size of my condenser and it specs out to be 50mm outside. Wish the whole world would either go imperial or metric because it sure would make life easier.

Thanks for you time
Chad

DickyD:
You might have a problem here as metric copper tube is 54mm outside diameter  O0

tigertiger:
Is that coz they are working to the nearest inch.

I am not being difficult here. But I cannot by 2m of timber. But I can buy 1.8m lengths, as they work to the nearest foot, honest. :angel:

Proteus:
if its for a condenser for steam size is not critical MHB used something like 25mm x 75 mm and they where horizontal ,Cheddar had all sorts of dia vertical and Hemmins has all sorts of sizes and shapes the main thing is the in and out and drain are in  the right position. and the lines to and from are horizontal without U bends , you can help them work by passing the feed from engine to tank through any water tanks for boiler feed , warms water cools steam.

Proteus

DickyD:

--- Quote from: tigertiger on August 23, 2008, 06:22:08 pm ---Is that coz they are working to the nearest inch.

I am not being difficult here. But I cannot by 2m of timber. But I can buy 1.8m lengths, as they work to the nearest foot, honest. :angel:

--- End quote ---
Not quite tt. 2" copper is a different diameter to 50mm and 1.8 metres isn't 6 foot. O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version