Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotch Power  (Read 2214 times)

Stavros

Scotch Power
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:48:14 pm »

Well me decided to buy this Tug from one of our Scottish members Norry so I had it delivered to Epic on Sunday.I decided last night that I just had to have it sailing at the Mayhem weekend so work commenced immediately.
First job was to rework the aft part of the superstructure as Norry had used this on another tug he had so some palsticard was cut and glued to form the base for the rear winch,which incidentally is off a Dicky Tug!!!!!
I then proceeded to raise the coaming around the superstructure by 30mm so no LLanberis water can get in.A p94 mixer was pinched off the Eldergarth and installed.Also from the Action stable a fog horn and a single switcher was also purloined from the Happy hunter and installed in the same manner as it is in the Eldergarth,and yes FLJ it is LOUD.I might just have annoyed my Scottish friend as I have removed his Scottish flags and it is now flying the Welsh Flag sorry M8 but it now lives in Wales !!!!!!
A towing post from Mobile marine Models has been installed ready for Tug Towing,watch out Poll me is coming out to play,also some fenders that was destined fro another tug have been fixed to the side of the old girl.
further work will commence over winter as it is going to be totally stripped and repainted time permitting

Stavros

Stavros

Re: Scotch Power
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:40:53 pm »

Sorry Martin you wont be sailing this Tug This weekend as due ot technical difficulties it wont sail...................................................

It Decided this morning to take a rest,on the lagoon bottom >>:-(It has a nasty tendancy to submarine the bow well below the surface,problem was it carried on down!!!!!All electrics in airing cupboard to dry out :'(

Satvros

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:46:19 pm »

>>:-(
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

barryfoote

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 01:14:21 pm »

I though you were a bit premature, changing the flags over.....Once under a Welsh flag you cannot blame the Scots!!! :D

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:54:38 pm »

Hi Stavros, Do you want to hire my Carrousel tug you may have more chance of keeping it on the top
 O0

John               POLL

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 08:58:43 am »

...Hi Guys...

I,ve never heard of a ship being sunk by a Thistle but I,ve heard of a lot being sunk by a leek...

Give me a ring mate...

...All The Best...Norry...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.