Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back on deck  (Read 1590 times)

bigfella

Back on deck
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:24:19 am »

Hi All

I am back on deck after the last three weeks with only a quick glance at Mayhem. First of all I had my mother in Hospital after having a mini stroke which did not help her Alzheimer's any. Because of this my Father had to find a nursing home that could take both of them together. Mum being high care and dad being light care. Once findig and settling them in it was up to me and my sister with sporadic visits from the rest of the family to clean and sort out dads house that he was renting. Mum and Dad were sort of home base for us kids (of which there are 4 with added spouses and grandkids we total 15) so there seemed to be a lot of junk in amongst everything, but it all had to go except the family archives and a few things that were treasured by mum and dad. This took almost two weeks and when I sat down to surf the internet the computers motherboard died. After going to a friends house for four days straight it was decided that it was beyond repair. So I have to wait for another motherboard. My brother in law came through with an older computer that I am using but can not stay on line for too long as I it is slow and i was told it might over heat.

Regards David

Martin13

Re: Back on deck
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:36:58 am »

Bigfella,

Was wondering what happened to you - How's ya mum and dad - have they settled in ?
Driving up to Canberra this weekend and meet up with the TF72 boys at ADFA. Hope to take plenty of pic's.

Keep in touch mate O0

Martin

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:48:21 am »

Wondered what had kept you quiet for so long David.

Hope your Mum an Dad settle in OK ,it cant be easy for you.

Hope it all works out OK and you get back on here more often  ;)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 07:07:51 am »

Hi David- welcome back from the "sickbay". poop happens, but as long as it doesn`t get you down it just makes you harder. Soemtimes it takes such experiences to find out, how wonderfull a family is. In hard times it shows you, who you may count on when all the others fall away.
Anyway- you returned! Glad you`re back.

All the best,
Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:52:36 am »

Welcome back David.
Are mum and dad settled now?

Martin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

bigfella

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 09:10:34 am »

Hi All

Thanks for all your kind words. Mum is back in hospital but only for a few days because of an infection. Dad is settling down with a nice red wine at night, so things must be OK. At first he went in and started to say "This wont do" and "this will have to change" etc must be the British Army Officer in him coming out. But I think he has started to find it as a nice place. On a brighter note my wife and I are going on holiday next week to Sydney. Only for five days but it will be good to recharge the batteries. I hope to to go to the maritime museum and take some photos and post them on the forum when we get back.

Regards David

Martin13

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 09:29:48 am »

David,

Any chance you can con the missus into a holiday at Wentworth Falls NSW on the 22 - 23 Nov. TF72 are having their Annual Regatta (probably the only place in Oz to see a great fleet of models) and we can finally meet. O0

Martin du
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.