Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Slo-Mo !  (Read 13537 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Another Slo-Mo !
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2008, 03:49:23 pm »

Looks good to me mate id personally sharpen up the top edge of the fin maybe a little but apart from that shes looking great.
Mart

Hagar

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 03:28:02 pm »

Just to let you all know (both of you) that things are still happening, just rather slowly at the moment.
Have had a few problems with my back, and a boil that had to be removed from my shoulder blade.

The wood is in the process of getting varnished. Three coats thus far, all getting wetsanded flat between coats.

Any idea as to why I keep getting 'dimples' in my varnish. I wipe down with spirit and dry it off before I paint and when it dries... Dimples! 

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 04:03:04 pm »

Hi mate good to see your still here lol,as for the varnish i dont know .What kind of varnish are you using and how old is it ?.
Mart

Hagar

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2008, 07:06:57 am »

Its Hemples and its new! It gives a great finish, no brush marks, and is good and hard when its cured.

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2008, 12:15:06 pm »

Decided on a motor yet?
Which of the many Hempel varnishes are you using?
As regards the dimples, don't wipe off with spirit just wash and dry. The spirit can leave traces on the surface.
If the varnish really is nice and hard then flat it with fine wet and dry and then polish it up.
I hope that we will get to see the finished model on the water in Malmö sometime next year :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2008, 12:58:39 pm »

Hi Ian the other Ian has a a good point dont wipe with white spirit,i allways just rub down between coats then brush off any dust outside then a quick wipe with a clean cloth then give it the next coat.
Mart

Hagar

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2008, 06:41:17 pm »

The varnish is Hemples Favourite, which was recomended to me by the guy in the local chandlers. So if its good enough for a real boat.... Good enough for me. I hope.

As far as motors go? No Idea. Its going to need a bigish one to trow it over the water. I stated it as a stand model, took a swing towards a working model, and back to a stand when I saw what a motor for it will cost. It will probably end up an electric as there are more places to run those than gas boats. Time (and money) will tell. What are motor prices like your way W3bby?

I'll give the spirit a miss this time round and see if that helps!

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2008, 12:07:54 am »

I can sort you out with a brand new zenoah in the new yr if your interested mate,pm me for a price if you want one.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2009, 08:06:11 pm »

Any progress mate  %)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.