Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kit of your car  (Read 1408 times)

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Kit of your car
« on: August 26, 2008, 09:49:17 am »

Hi all, the mini restoration thread reminded me of when we had a mini.  It was just an ordinary one, but I was passing Beatties (gone now, replaced by an Irish theme pub!) and saw a mini kit in the window.  I thought that looks just like our one!  It was!  Everything was correct.  The colour was a mauve or Aconite as they called it, the registration NOJ 637 M was correct.
I really wish I had bought one but I didn't, I have a feeling there may still be some touch-up paint in the garage for it, now that really would be authentic.

Has anyone else found that their own car had been 'kitted'?
regards to all Roy

Damien

Re: Kit of your car
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:22:23 am »

Yes In 1972-78 i had a Renault 8 with Gordini front panel this june past my son gave me a kit of a R8 Gordini.
I live in hope of finding a model of a Renault 10 square h/light. I would love to do a model of the R10 Hillclimb/sprints car that i built from '99 to 2004 sold after my back couldn't take the G-forces of acceleration & cornering.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:55:41 am »

Hi Damien, the kit I mentioned had a picture of my car on the box, that is right down to the number plate for my car.  I was interested that they must have completely researched the model they depicted as they had the colour correct as well.

If you think about it the last thing that gets attached to the car is the number plate which is issued on registration, so it was not a random choice as might be assumed, by the plastic kit company.
regards Roy

Bee

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:37:20 pm »

Reminds me of a friend who designed and made his own ornamented front door. A few years later a neighbour turned up at his house  "Can you tell me how much you paid for your door?" pointing to a picture in a brochure featuring his door.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.