Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nav lights  (Read 2453 times)

cakes

nav lights
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:44:34 am »

looking for some suggestions regarding navigation lights,,,,,   all the bulbs i got for my ayton cross are clear glass,,, whats best for the red and green nav lights ???  do i panit the bulbs red and green, or what ????????????

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
Re: nav lights
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 10:49:46 am »

yup you can colour them ( the bulbs)  if you wish, 
go to your craft shop and look at glass paints....glass paints are ok but you will end up buying a large bottle for a few small lamps...but they work

overhead projector marker pens also do the job ok too

you can buy coloured grain of wheat bulbs too, lots of model railways use red and green lamps for signals...... you could change the bulbs easily...

alternatively there are nav lights with coloured lenses or glass so clear lamps will beo k, these you can get from a multitude of places, redbank models do them, so do bow wave models, also grapner, it all depends on the style you are looking for...
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

chingdevil

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 10:56:45 am »

As Guy has said you can get coloured grain of wheat bulbs, or go for led's the choice is yours.

Brian

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 10:23:30 pm »

This is a coloured gain of wheat bulb behind acetate sheet painted with Tamiya clear acrylic green paint.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.