Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customs-boat "Oldenburg"  (Read 4155 times)

Cargo

Customs-boat "Oldenburg"
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:09:59 am »

Yesterday i saw this boat at our museum in the so called "Speicherstadt" of Hamburg. The boat was build 1977, mainly out of aloy and has 2 engines, each with 815 Hp giving a speed up to 23 knots.  lenght 28,07 m, widht: 4,83  m.

TugCowboy

Re: Customs-boat "Oldenburg"
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:12:25 am »

Nice vessel! thank you for posting that.
She certainly looks like a good, fast, customs boat.

Alex

Cargo

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:14:31 pm »

Nice vessel! 

Like those vessels too. Most of them are replaced by new boats.

This small vessel (so called "Barkasse") just passed by. Small workboats, today mainly  used for sightseeing. 

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 08:16:03 am »

Hi Jan, Speicherstadt?
Warst du im Thamm-Museum oder im Mini-Wunderland?

Gruß,
Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Roger in France

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:25:28 pm »

Sorry guys, but in this Forum we do require that all messages in other than English are accompanied by an accurate translation into English.

Otherwise a Moderator will remove the post. Next time a warning will not be issued.

If you want to write, other than in English, please use the PM system and not the public Forum.

Thank you.

Roger in France.
Moderator.

Cargo

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 01:12:22 pm »

Hi Jan, Speicherstadt?
Warst du im Thamm-Museum oder im Mini-Wunderland?

Gruß,
Jörg

Translation:

Hello Jan,

"Speicherstadt?"

Did you were in the Tamm Museum (International Maritime Museum) or in the Mini-Wonderland?

Translation end (hope this does satifies you Roger in France, but i am only a foreigner in a foreign forum  ;))

Hello Jörg

I was in the Tamm Museum. Lots of... errrm... boats. But it was not allowed to take photographs... sad. Very sad.

http://www.internationales-maritimes-museum.de/

Roger in France

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 01:38:28 pm »

Thanks, Jan.

The Rule is not designed to discriminate against non-English speakers. We have many non-English Members and we feel privileged that they want to participate, they are very, very welcome.

However, the Site Owner (Martin) must be protected against any possibility that unacceptable material is published in the Forum. Therefore, if we Moderators are to do our job effectively we must be able to read and understand everything that is posted.

Roger in France
Moderator.

Cargo

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:36 pm »

The Rule is not designed to discriminate against non-English speakers. We have many non-English Members and we feel privileged that they want to participate, they are very, very welcome.

O0

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 08:19:40 pm »

Just one point Roger, if you cant understand the language, how do you know the translation is accurate, it may be saying something completely different  :-\ :angel:
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Roger in France

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 06:45:15 am »

Richard,

That is, of course, true and something the Moderators have thought about.

Using a translation programme may not be absolutely accurate but it can give a rough idea of what is being said. We also have other resources, if necessary.

Roger in France.

Cargo

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 10:04:56 am »

Just one point Roger, if you cant understand the language, how do you know the translation is accurate, it may be saying something completely different  :-\ :angel:

At last my translation is accurate...  ;)

said by a german guy who only learned school-english  {-)

Roger in France

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 11:54:33 am »

Jan,

You can be confident that your command of English is likely to be far superior to most English speakers command of German!

Roger.

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 08:50:38 am »

Roger, I`ve learned my English in school as well- and that`s now 28 years ago. Had made it up due my job at a international company but still having a problem: Can`t Understand New Terms.

The youth language seem all Chinese to me. Does it has something in common with any roman language?

Anyway- the translation of Jan was correct, sorry for being a pain.

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

Roger in France

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 12:13:46 pm »

Jorg,

Your not the only one who has difficulty with the language some young folk use! I think it stems from "texting" on mobile telephones and the use of truncated writing in Emails. They use a vast number of abbreviations. I think we should hesitate to say they are wrong, just different.

Here in France I recently heard a young guy use the word "vachement" which directly translates as "cow-ly"! I think it is a french version of "cool".

Roger in France.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.