Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: perkasa 37" wooden kit  (Read 1765 times)

ando

perkasa 37" wooden kit
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:17:22 pm »

Hi  to all
             i have a model kit  of a perkasa 37"   and would like some help on how to start  (  i want to fit two props and motors )
the kit has details for a i,c engine     i plan to use two motors etc and will be powered by 2 x 9.6v 10 8 cell ni batterys   i am unsure how to alter the hull if needed ??    i would be greatful for any advice  pictures would help !!
          regards   Andy Baker     Lincoln

andyn

Re: perkasa 37" wooden kit
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:42:54 pm »

I have (the club's) Perkasa, same thing, but the GRP version, name what you need and I'll do my best O0

ando

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:17 pm »

hi   i am after info  on how to set up the hull  so as to prepair it ready to fit the two motors and prop shafts :)

andyn

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:11:12 pm »

Propshafts, presumably, had holes cut into bottom of hull at suitable size in line with motors,then couplings were installed to motors, and the shafts then epoxied into place.

Running 2x 545 motors, with Component Shop 12v 3700mah Ni-Mh, on 40mm props.

Reccomend bigger motors or water cooling because I had smoke pluming out of them the first and only time it has been run with the Ni-Mh. Before that it used a 12v 5ah jelly, which was too slow and on its way out anyway.

Aluminium sheet in hull is to support battery.

ando

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 09:47:51 pm »

Hi   Thanks for posting the pictures    they look good     O0
  i plan to use 2 x 600 motors with 2 x 3300mah battery s   and also will be using 40mm  propellers

I , m not sure weather to use water cooling coils or just fit a small 12v dc fan ( from a computer  )???????? :-\

andyn

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »

I shall be fitting fans soon to counteract the fire I nearly had the other day...

ando

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 10:49:27 pm »

i had a motor almost catch fire in my cmb       it made,s a good smioke generator !     only it did,nt last too long and only works once !!
     i fitted a small fan and it keeps it cool enought ! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 20 queries.