Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBay & PayPal  (Read 1931 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
eBay & PayPal
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:54:55 pm »

Dear All,

There have been one or two posts regarding the above in connection with getting money back if things go wrong.

I have strayed a few times from avenues/items where rcpt. of an Item is guaranteed (viz. simple/normal 'trinkets'), and I must state that in the two cases where things have gone wrong I have been reimbursed. Ok, the first instance took a few weeks direct with the Seller (with my legal knowledge together with eBay's assistance), but the last via PayPal only took ten days... which I thought was pretty good.

If you follow the laid down procedures, and also ensure that you have PayPal protection (both Buyer and Seller's), and follow the eBay's line procedures, things do work.

Just thought I would mention this.

Regards, Bernard

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: eBay & PayPal
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 07:26:32 pm »

I must say, Paypal have got their act together over the last year or so and are now much better.
My brother successfully used them when he bought a laptop of ebay. It arrived with no battery!
When he made enquires of the seller, he said, "the batter is an accessory and I stated no accessories included!"
Paypal didn't agree with him either!  O0
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 12:55:25 pm »

Dear Martin,

The last Item I mentioned was only worth £2.50 inc. post, but out of principal I wasn't going to 'let it go'. eBay had threw this partic. Seller out soon after I bought the Item so I had a good case right at the beginning!

My normal 'fields'/'areas' are 100% successful because of the nature of what they are and the sort of people selling them, however, 'general 'things' can be a problem occasionally. It's certainly better to use PayPal wherever and whenever possible, and a look at their FeedBack tells all really in the first instance - which I failed to do with the £2.50 purchase!

On the whole I think the two systems work quite well, but, as with most things, there is room for a little improvement.

Regards, Bernard

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 01:27:24 pm »

No choice to pay on Ebay with credit card except going through Paypal is a joke.
I use my CC to pay online internationally without any problems except with Paypal, their system will not accept my CC and details so Ebay is off limits to me as well as other companies that use Paypal.
Help from Paypal with the problem via e-mail is laughable, standard "check your cookies, java etc etc" despite being given a detailed description of the problem. Next they give me a helpline to call in the US despite the fact they are informed I am in Europe, yeah right, like I'm going to call long distance with a help problem. Tried again to get further help via email but now I am obviously too much trouble so they don't even bother to reply >>:-(

bogstandard

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 04:14:13 pm »

I use paypal all the time, worldwide, and have never had a problem with any claims at all. In fact I have never had anything go wrong anywhere, despite the bad press it sometimes gets. I do have it linked to my bank account and debit card (I don't use credit cards), and I am fully protected anyway.

In fact, on the last one, the vendor only sent me half the qty of an item that I paid for. Paypal got me a full refund of all monies paid in very quick time, and I got to keep what was already sent FOC.

John

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 12:39:54 pm »

I had an incident with Paypal last week, someone tried to purchase something
with my details and they blocked it then informed me and a change of password
solved, They were extremely helpful, ringing them is only a local call from Australia
via there 1800 number..

Two days ago I received an email asking me to update my information, before
doing anything I phoned them and asked if they were validating my account
the reply was no, when I explained the email the lass asked me to send it on to
a paypal address, which I did and was informed several hours latter it was a scam,
fortunately the scammer was none to clever as he had forgotten to remove his
email address, the next morning an email telling me he had been arrested for
fraud. Good work Paypal

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

gaznjant

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 12:43:20 pm »

hope your all aware of the new scams these guys are trying. if you online bank they send emails telling you to redo your username/password/security questions.... this again is all scams !!! i rang my bank and they asked me to send in the details ect. as i was informed "the banks never ask you to change anything that YOU set up"

Reade Models

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 01:04:45 pm »

Phishing E-mails are commonplace.

There aren't many banks or credit card companies that would contact you by E-mail, and NONE would ask you to update security information online.

I delete anything that purports to come from a bank or credit card company routinely.  If the E-mail was genuine, they'll snail-mail you soon enough.

Malc

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 03:26:53 pm »

I regualarly recieve emails asking me to confirm my RBS details.

I have never been with RBS.

Gone phishing
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.