Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super service - Sound system  (Read 2805 times)

Tom_DK

Super service - Sound system
« on: June 16, 2008, 08:43:05 pm »

Hi

Was so "lucky" to destroy my Sound System for my Tug. The microprocessor turned into a heating / boiling unit, so I had to contact the vendor today.
Some awesome service he offers, told me in a mail that he will fix the PCB for 20-30 Eur. Now thats really cheap when I think it will probably take a couple of hours to do the fault finding and replacement of defect components.

Can only recommend the seller
http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellbau/produkte/usm-bn/usm-bn.htm

Besides I love the feature that I can download my own sound into the sound system

Regards,
Tom

Umi_Ryuzuki

Re: Super service - Sound system
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:11:12 pm »

What is the control set up on your transmitter for all the features?

8)

Tom_DK

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:23:40 pm »

I use the Futaba T14MZ transmitter and Carson 2-7 channel multi switch. The switch is only used to activate the extra sounds, the normal engine sounds can be made without any use of channels. Just connect the sound system to the one or two of the engines.

http://www.carson-modelsport.com/de/produkte/fernsteueranlagen/zubehoer/rtp/503008/produktdetails.htm

Really a great piece of electronics this sound device  O0

Regards,
Tom

david.harrison

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:24:29 am »

Tom, I notice on BEIER's web site that the specs. for this product say the digital inputs must have a logic high level of 5V or greater.
I know your radio is a Futaba 14MZ, presumably on a surface frequency, or is it a 2.4GHZ version?

My Futaba FASST 10C 2.4GHz radio comes with a warning that it outputs only 2.7Volt logic signals that can cause some older ESCs to not work.

Do you have any knowledge of how this BEIER units operates  on lower voltage logic levels?

Regards,
David

Tom_DK

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47:53 am »

Tom, I notice on BEIER's web site that the specs. for this product say the digital inputs must have a logic high level of 5V or greater.
I know your radio is a Futaba 14MZ, presumably on a surface frequency, or is it a 2.4GHZ version?

My Futaba FASST 10C 2.4GHz radio comes with a warning that it outputs only 2.7Volt logic signals that can cause some older ESCs to not work.

Do you have any knowledge of how this BEIER units operates  on lower voltage logic levels?

Regards,
David

Hi David

My radio is running with a standard 40 MHz module. So far I have no plans to convert it to Futaba's fasst 2.4 GHz as 40 MHz is fine and the system has a synth. so that switching channel is easy without crystals.

I think that 2.7V might be too low a voltage for the Beier sound moudle. It might work, but I wouldn't count on it. I think it sounds strange that your fasst reciever is only outputting 2.7V, as this would probably caurse a lot of devices to have operational problems when connected to the reciever.
Most servo's, ESC, electronic switches, gyro's ect. uses some kind of TTL or CMOS logic as electronic technology, so when running on 4.8V batteries, they are ALL expecting a voltage that should be higher than 2.7V. As far as I remember, 2.7V is in the "forbidden" area for standard logic digital signals, so the electronic, might detect 2.7V as a "0" and not as a "1".
Are you really sure that the output is only 2.7V?

BR,
Tom

barry park

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:31:12 am »

Hi you guys,
Excuse me butting in but here are a couple of links.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latchup perhaps?
I haven't seen specs so i had better  :-X

http://www.interfacebus.com/voltage_threshold.html
Diagram in column 2 indicates TTL recognises 2.0 at input.
The figure of 2.7v for Futaba kit is old news. Why make it any higher?
What frame time are all these fancy multichannel PCM sets working at I wonder?
Barry Park
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.