Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Giant Spider seen in Liverpool  (Read 5076 times)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
Giant Spider seen in Liverpool
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:03:59 pm »

Got the scousers out in force...

http://www.lamachine.co.uk/index.php

das boot

Re: Giant Spider seen in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »

That won't be there for long, they'll soon have the wheels and the stereo off it...

Rich

omra85

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:42:34 pm »

Liverpool - City of culture
So what do they do - get a giant FRENCH spider in!
Takes 8 to operate it - and it does very little!  They could have got a dock crane to do that.
Probably the same guy who organises their football team  ::) {-) {-)

The philestine  :o

Reade Models

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:44:35 pm »

Rather that than one from Sussex... {-) {-)

"Scouser" Malc

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:14 pm »

Wonder what it was like before the little bu**ers had the wheels etc off it.?  :police:
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

omra85

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 09:47:01 pm »

Have Sussex got a spider?  Or a football team?  {-) {-)

Reade Models

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:48:27 pm »

I don't even know where Sussex is?

Does anybody have a clue?

Malc

omra85

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 09:50:10 pm »

Wonder what it was like before the little bu**ers had the wheels etc off it.?  :police:

I bet they convert it to be able to lift the car AND get all 4 wheels off at once!
Wonder where they store the bricks  :D

Reade Models

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 09:52:59 pm »

Pssst. Anybody wanna buy a spider?   {-) {-)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 09:55:39 pm »

I don't even know where Sussex is?

Does anybody have a clue?

Malc

It's darn south somewhere

Reade Models

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 10:52:04 pm »

Solar powered?  In this country?  You gotta be joking...

Malc

barryfoote

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 08:11:27 am »

Did someone say "Capital of Culture". Not even Scousers can agree to that. It would be a joke if they didn't mean it.....

Barry

A Scouser...well almost...

Reade Models

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 08:45:46 am »

The 'Capital of Culture'  thing has caused more in-fighting in Liverpool than you ever see on this Forum (and that's saying something).  What Scousers are agreed on however is that they are all thoroughly p**sed off with the old 'cars on bricks' jokes that the rest of the country seems intent to perpetuate.

It's not justified, and it simply isn't funny any more.

I was born in Liverpool, and I'm proud of that.  I'm not a criminal, never nicked the wheels off cars, never seen the inside of a court room - or even a police Station for that matter.  My immediate past family were all either JP's, solicitors or Crown Court judges (ten of them in all), and if I have to be damned by association, I would rather it be with them thanks.

If the sort of comments that have been made on this thread were about Blacks, or Jews instead of Liverpudlians, there would be trouble a-plenty.

Frankly, I deeply resent being tarred with the 'wheel nicking' brush that non-Liverpudlians find so funny.

Rant over, now where's my wheel brace? {-) {-)

Malc

Ron1

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 09:34:24 am »

well said Malcolm,  O0 O0

barryfoote

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 09:51:36 am »

Malc,

Did not mean to cause offence and my gripe about Capital of Culture has nothing to do with the people, but the city. Whilst far from the worst city in Europe it, like most UK cities, is a million miles from being up there with some of the great cities of Europe. As I said, I was borm very close to Liverpool and spent many happy years growing up with good friends from Liverpool.

I think the old jokes are here to stay though, as we all know reputations are not easily changed. Personally I think there are many places that deserve the reputation before Liverpool.
Barry

das boot

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 09:57:02 am »

Then sir, I shall withdraw my remarks and offer you my apologies...I've been to the 'Pool many times in my trucking career, and I will admit I never had any problems there whatsoever when parked up overnight. I guess old habits (and poor jokes) do die hard...

Regards,

Rich

Reade Models

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 10:04:48 am »

No apologies are necessary.  I'm sure that no offence was meant, and none was taken.

The one great thing about Liverpudlians is their sense of humour - thay can take a joke as well make them, and you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.  It's just that the jokes sometimes go a little too far...

Regards

Malc

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 10:11:33 am »

Hi Malc,
can you do me a hub cap for a Renault?
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Reade Models

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 10:17:17 am »

What are you doing driving a Renault...Should be ashamed of yourself.   {-) {-) {-)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 11:01:57 am »

Whilst delivering to United Biscuits in Liverpool during my trucking days I parked my artic outside their security office at their gates while I handed in my paperwork. I was gone maybe two or three minutes, which was just enough time for someone to lever the radio out of the dashboard and have it on their heels. Parking in Liverpool overnight was a sacking offence on the company I worked for, one of only two places in the country.

Reade Models

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 11:09:45 am »

The staff at United Biscuits are trained to relieve vehicles from Southampton of their radio's - I think it has something to do with competing ports? Just be thankful that you weren't delivering to Anfield.

{-) {-)

Malc

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 11:17:01 am »

{-) {-)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 11:29:52 am »

hi there

I don't know about Liverpool being classed as the City where your wheels get nicked, but, there is a place in North Tyneside Meadowell Estate - it was really notorious, they took all the traffic lights out there - because all the people who obeyed the lights and stopped - had their wheels stolen.

Joking aside, whilst once in holiday in the South of France - Antibes - whilst out with the brother-in-law for a drive - we passed a Porche on the side of the road up in the air on 4 x 45 gallon drums - no wheels - no engine  ::)  some of our thieves are only amateurs and pick the 'less costly' motors  - anyone want to buy a Porche engine, had one in me garage for years, had one hell of a bother getting it through Customs.

aye
john e
bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

omra85

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 11:44:15 am »

I think the difference between this, light-hearted fun, and serous discrimination is like the difference between football fans - 99% support their teams, go home and have a good moan with their workmates on Monday.  The other 1% wander the streets looking for "rival" fans to give a kicking to!  But which do you remember? Millwall springs to mind, but probably has had no trouble for years!
You never know - maybe the non-computer using model boaters think of Mayhem members in the same light  :o :o

On holiday I usually get on best with Liverpudlians or Geordies ('Geordie' being anyone between Harrogate and Edinburgh)  ::)
Probably because they're the only ones who can understand my sense of humour - and refrain from beating me up (an attitude that always endears me to people)

The biggest insult is when you tell people where you live (Rugby in my case) and not only can't they think of a joke, but they don't even know where it is  ::) ::) {-)  I have to say it's near Birmingham, even though it's 30 miles away  ::)

So - on that note - a Birmingham teenager was recently asked about knife crime in the area.  He said "we don't carry knives".  The interviewer was pleasantly surprised until he continued "if you pulled a knife out round here - they'd SHOOT you!"

Danny

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.