Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giant Spider seen in Liverpool  (Read 5071 times)

das boot

Re: Giant Spider seen in Liverpool
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 11:55:02 am »

This is getting worse...

Only one place I had troubles in, and that was Northampton, in a car park of a grotty overnight cafe. A trucker parked up next to me and went off up the town in search of crumpet. He brought an old slapper back with him, and proceeded to do the business in his cab (kept me awake, all the grunting and moaning) Then the real fun started...he refused to pay the good woman for her services she'd rendered him, she got in touch with her man, and inside five minutes the park was awash with heavies carrying baseball bats and wheel wrenches. They were about to dismember me and my truck when the young lady pointed them to the right vehicle thankfully...he needed two new mirrors, new lights, much new bodywork and paintwork and a set of tyres. And more than a few stitches...

I just needed clean underwear......

Rich

Roger in France

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 12:08:59 pm »

Glad to see some speaking up for Liverpool.

When I lived in Chester I frequently went to Liverpool and found much I liked there. I had a lot of help from Liverpudlians. I did once have my car radio stolen but so I have in London and Bristol.

My problem with places is big cities. I think there is something about large connerbations which brings out the worse in some folk. I dislike many major cities in many countries.

On the issue of "City of Culture".....few British cities may have the glories of Paris; Rome; Madrid etc. But as far as I am aware no British city has the deplorable suburbs and public services that some of the places I have mentioned hide in there less well know parts.

roger in France.

Reade Models

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 12:10:52 pm »

Roger

I just PM'd you

Malc

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 03:06:26 pm »

I know where Rugby is Danny, I used to deliver to the Sainsbury's store there many moons ago.

Cant think of anything funny about it though.  :-\
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

nhp651

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 03:15:39 pm »

I spent some happy years in Liverpool studying at Uni there, and in all the years I had a sof top car( mandatory for students to have in those days) I only ever once had my car broken into.
They were even courtious enough to go through the quarter light instead of ripping the hood.
And what did they nick................well they didn't like my taste in music,so didn't nick my cassettes, didn't like my choice in stereo either!.........they took my disitation ( final essay) that I had spent .........well all of a couple of hours in the college bar writing...............so I presumed it was another bloody student.
Serves the sod right if he failed his finals...???

Roger in France

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 04:39:27 pm »

Yes, it is funny what thieves take.

When my radio was half inched in Liverpool there was my return fare through the tunnel on top of the radio and a bottle of champagne on the seat. They took neither!

Roger in France.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.