Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone started building the diving revell type 7  (Read 7981 times)

uboatbuilder

• Full Mayhemer
anyone started building the diving revell type 7
« on: August 24, 2006, 03:02:58 pm »

just wondering if anyone has started one yet. i've started mine,the sub that is, not the wtc.

ambernblu

Re: anyone started building the diving revell type 7
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:53:28 am »

Hi...

I'm still awaiting my WTC from Big Dave, so haven't done anything with the Revell VIIc kit just yet...

To quote Big Dave, 'It is better to have the WTC kit before you start building the Revell kit. You could start cutting out the limber (flood) holes on the side of the hull. It will take a while to do that'

Cheers, Brian

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:07:07 pm »

I hope there is not as many holes to cut put in the V11 as there is in the TypeXX1 as I have so far drilled and cut out 585 of the mongrel things...

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

ambernblu

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 12:21:02 pm »

.... how many?  :o So you can understand what Dave's on about then!

To be honest, I haven't looked at my kit yet - nor do I have the foggiest idea what a limber hole is! ;D  A limber used to be a sort of gun carraige didn't it? 

uboatbuilder

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 03:32:42 pm »

Hi guys. ive cut out all the holes and painted it, in the process of weathering it, i bought the dive unit from mankster so i have that. but im in the process of getting hold of the radio gear, batteries etc, i just want to get it all and just throw it in in one go. none of the boat is built just painted and dry fitted on the stand looking very cool, just cant wait to get it on the water. or under it should i say. i went to hannants the other day and looked at the trumpeter seawolf and if this goes well i might consider doing that later on.

magpie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Subs Rock
    • magpieyachts
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 02:26:25 am »

Hi guys. ive cut out all the holes and painted it, in the process of weathering it, i bought the dive unit from mankster so i have that. but im in the process of getting hold of the radio gear, batteries etc, i just want to get it all and just throw it in in one go. none of the boat is built just painted and dry fitted on the stand looking very cool, just cant wait to get it on the water. or under it should i say. i went to hannants the other day and looked at the trumpeter seawolf and if this goes well i might consider doing that later on.
They're a nice boat too! Big Dave also does a WTC kit for them. I'm using one in my 1/72 Blueback.
Jason

[Too Large - attachment deleted by admin]
"Where's the sub gone?"
http://magpieyachts.com

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 07:03:57 pm »

I have as you all probably know a Big Dave WTC for the Seawolf, but in future I will be makeing my own as they really are quite simple, I have found a supplier for the end cap material and then turn them up on the lathe, the clear tub is nice but way to expensive so I will be using plastic tube in future, cut to length and the jobs done..

Roy

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 07:06:10 pm »

I have just purchased a TYPE XX111 as my next build, it will be recieving the home made WTC, we will see how it goes..

Roy

ambernblu

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 07:21:14 pm »

... I've just paid Big Dave for mine for the Revell VIIc - let us know how you get on for the next one!

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 11:22:56 pm »

Haye Ambernblu, I just saw what the ''Uboatbuilder'' has done to his sub today, he has only dry built the sub so far, with what i have seen today it's going to be a show stopper for sure! The paint work looks fantastic, the weathering looks just right. He also showed me the conning tower which he has airbrush swordfish markings from the Das Boot film :o
The dive module is still untouched as he is awaiting the electronic parts, so as he can assemble it in one go. When i see him again i will take some pictures and post it to this thread for him.

Voyager.

ambernblu

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 06:14:15 am »

Wayne...

Thanks for thinking of me - cheers. Have just paid £72.67 last night via Paypal to Big Dave for his WTC, a pump and a bladder, which included about £12.00 for postage as well, so not too bad at all - very happy with that I think. Will need to get some other electronic stuff together for it - plus a R/C upgrade, so its not going to happen overnight!

The one Uboatbuilder has put together sounds excellent - any pics and on-going build detail/internal fitments etc will be very much appreciated...  I look forward to seeing the results of his handiwork so far...  ;)

I was down at Deans Marine yesterday and Ron was demonstrating a tiny yellow sub (bought at Nurembourg Toy fair?) - it was all of 4 or 5 inches long (tops) but performed everything you would want from a sub model - and incredibly fast too! Watching it swanning around at the bottom of the Deans test pool was hilarious.. really amazing!  :D

Hope the regatta goes well tomorrow! regards, Brian

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 05:34:32 pm »

Thanks Brian, that sub sounds like the new Graupner model, not sure but i think i may have seen it on ''A Model Worlds'' web site. I should be seeing Uboatbuilder next week so i will take plenty of pic's and post them asap!
Matin has asked me to take some pictures tomorrow, so no doubt you'll be seeing them pop up on his site very soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed the weather improves for tomorrow.

Speak to you soon!

Wayne.

ambernblu

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 03:25:40 pm »

Hi Wayne...

Received my Big Dave WTC package this morning - including air pump and bladder! To be honest though, its a bit like giving a set of heated rollers to a martian! I'm going to have to go back over everything check out what else I need to complete this project - then spend some time getting my head around it all!  ???

Did you say pics this weekend?? Look forward to them... All the best, Cheers, Brian

anmo

• Full Mayhemer
  • That's unpossible!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 03:52:20 pm »

To be honest though, its a bit like giving a set of heated rollers to a martian!

How can you be so sure that Martians aren't very hairy?
caution, may contain traces of nuts .....

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 05:04:55 pm »

Hi Brian, That's good! I know what you mean ??? Let's just hope his instruction are in english, if those are martian too....well then we are well and truly in at the deep end!
Just sent a paypal payment off to him for my mate ''Uboatbuilder'', so he's slowly getting there...ish. He still like you has other numerous things to buy, and then there is of course ballasting which possibly may take the longest :P

Wayne.

ambernblu

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 05:53:47 pm »

.. have also just received a PM from uboatbuilder, so will respond to that asap - effectively offering assistance - which is excellent! The CD is very comprehensive with lots (and lots) of pics which I'm sure will be very useful when i can tie them into the instructions (which are quite extensive too - they just need careful reading!) But a problem shared is a problem halved as they say, so any info you can supply, pics etc too will be most welcome!  ;)

Cheers, Brian

ambernblu

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 06:04:01 pm »

Anmo... you got me there!  :D

anmo

• Full Mayhemer
  • That's unpossible!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 06:36:36 pm »

Anmo... you got me there!  :D

And another thing, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that all Martians had electricians' City & Guilds, so the three pin 13 amp plug on those heated rollers shouldn't cause them any problems either.
caution, may contain traces of nuts .....

ambernblu

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 10:22:22 am »

Anmo, where did you read that then? 'Exchange and Martian'?  ;D

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 10:13:10 am »

Hi Brian,

Just had a delivery from Big-Dave for Dino "Uboatbuilder", i ordered parts from Westbourne the same day for myself and i'm still waiting for those! >:( Anyway i phoned Dino and he'll be around here faster than you can say "Schnell".
Have you made a start on the WTC yet Brian?

Voyager.

ambernblu

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 11:03:32 am »

Wayne...

Still stunned after seeing Grant's paint job - mega eh? I've not got much further than made a start cutting holes out...! Next job will probably be putting some of the sub-assemblies together (excuse pun!  :D )

In the meantime I've got to order the rest of the bits and pieces as per Grant's very useful lead, so I don't expect much real progress before end of September. I'll let you know asap though.... Cheers, Brian

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 04:27:23 pm »

Hi Brian,

Yes he's a clever little "xxxxx", he puts the hours into it unlike me, so he builds and paints them in lightning speed. All this talk of submarines was making me feel left out :'( So i have just ordered a Graupner Shark submarine from Germany, so as soon as it arrives i will start a thread. It's quite a nifty looking thing at only 550mm long, so should be quite quick and agile.

Look out you scale boats....wayne's a coming for ya!

ambernblu

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 07:05:39 am »

Wayne...

Sounds good - have you seen this review?

http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_model_reviews/boats_rc_models_graupner_shark_review.htm

Let me know how you get on.... Cheers, Brian

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 08:56:16 am »

Cheers Brian, that review was very helpful. Just sent the chap in Germany an e-mail asking if he can get me the motor/gearbox/twin prop shafts for it, like all German kits it does'nt blinkin well come with the kit.... :P(aaaahhhh!....oh and on top of that there is an optional dive sensor, and multi-function set that lets you turn on a search light, then there is a red light that comes on if any water should enter the sub! I only got it thinking it was going to be a cheap kit...how wrong i was!

Voyager

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 06:36:14 pm »

The Shark is an underwater rocket- hope your nerves are good.

I've seen a couple of these built up, and they run very well providing you ballast it very low in the water (i.e. have just the top of the sail poking above the water).

The optional goodies, apart from the power plant, are far from essential.

Infact, I'd say spend your cash on other things. A reed switch from Engel would be a good addtion, allowing you to switch the radio on and off without opening up the hull.

The only thing I don't like about the shark, is that it only has moveable forward dive planes. This makes it impossible to use an automatic leveller, which is invaluable on a fast sub like the Shark.

You could modify the hull to incorporate moveable rear vanes. This would be worthwhile I think.

Andy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.