Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone started building the diving revell type 7  (Read 7980 times)

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
Re: anyone started building the diving revell type 7
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 09:52:52 pm »

Wow...i'm now even more looking forward to building mine ;D Friday i picked up the drive set, part number Graupner#1979. From what you say it should be quite a fast sub, no doubt i will have to calm my nerves before the first sale ;) Just this minute looked at the instructions, i will now have to pay a visit to my local bike shop and get a tyre valve for adding positive pressure to the hull. Thanks for the tip on heavy ballasting, i will make sure the sub sits at you suggested water level ;)

Any further tips welcome!

Regards:Voyager.

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 03:15:37 am »

This will probably be a dumb question, but why can you not have an automatic leveller on the front planes if it only has front planes, I cannot see how the unit could tell what planes are operating as it is set up to work only one set of planes anyway....

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 01:03:19 pm »

The front vanes are closely coupled to the boats C.G (centre of gravity) and hence tend to push the boat up and down fairly level- excellent for depth control, but not so hot for attitude/angle control.

Stern vanes being well aft of the c.g tend to tilt the boat at an angle, so a leveller can easily sense the change of angle of the boat and react accordingly.

For tyre valves, hot foot it round to your local tyre shop. If you ask nicely, you'll probably get a bagful ,as they just replace them automatically when new tyres are fitted, and the old (usually perfectly fine) ones are just binned.

Be prepared for funny looks from them if they ask what it's for! ;)

One final tip, if you have some rate controls on your transmitter, set them to half for the hydrovane control. Better still would be to dial in some positive exponential throw if you have a computer set. I've piloted one of these things, and they are very twitchy indeed.

If you want to havew some real fun, why not fit two servos to the fornt vanes, and mix them so that you roll the boat as well- a true aquabatic.

Andy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.