Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer transmitters  (Read 1538 times)

hover tim

Computer transmitters
« on: September 07, 2008, 04:18:49 pm »

I have been looking at these for a while now but not sure which to go for i only need 7-8 channels max preferably Futaba but which one ant tips on this its for a hovercraft if that makes any difference.

Captain Jack

Re: Computor transmitters
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »

I'm using the Spektrum DX6.  I absolutely LOVE this radio!  I guess I need to mention it is in the 2.4 ghz range.  This completely relieves you from any worries about frequency conflicts with other modelers, perhaps the best part about using this type of radio!  Secondly, the ability to use mixing functions has its uses for boaters too. Then there is the ability to program the speed at which your servos move (using dual rate),and adjusting the throw lengths of the servos. There is also the ability to program the radio for several different models. I'm currently using mine to run two different vessels with completely different drive systems one being water jets, and the other a twin screw set up. By removing the reciever from one, and installing it in the next, I can run both vessels in a matter of about ten minutes without having to endure setting up all the parameters for throttle throw lengths, rudder movement ect. Of course if I were to go to the expense of purchasing an extra reciever, switching radios would become a fifteen second chore, and that's an expense I don't really need. Just the ability to change the parameters of throw lenghts and such make this type of radio a great choice, as most of my linkages are buried deep in the hull where mechanically adjusting push rods and stuff is just not feasible. An example... for manuevering my tug in close quaters (steering competitions) I drop my throttle throw on the fly, giving me more precise handling. For towing, I'll increase the throw length of the throttle output to allow a higher RPM to each motor for more power. Remember, you'll neve have to worry about someone else crashing your model with the 2.4 GHZ system. As for the ability to program via your computerized transmitter, well....it's the wave of the future. The prices now are comparable, so the choice is yours.

catengineman

Re: Computor transmitters
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 05:52:58 pm »

I have an FX 18 by Futaba
this is expandable to ?????

I currently have 12 channels and two tugs both on the same RX TX Christal's and all I do is turn the model switch on the transmitter to which ever model I want to use.

I to can adjust throw, rate, and mix just about any ch with any ch

I am very happy with my transmitter, I was going to go for a F 14 twin stick but I can also use my FX with the son's cars.

Looked at the 2.4 but as yet not enough channels for my tug Tito Neri

R,

Captain Jack

Re: Computer transmitters
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:15:30 pm »

Ahhhhh....the Robbe twin stick. Now THAT is one hell of a radio! Unfortunately, I retired this year, and just don't want to have to tackle the expense. But someday......

catengineman

Re: Computer transmitters
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 10:21:47 pm »

My system has the standard single stick set up

The F14 NAVY just did not catch my eye and looked a bit "old hat" if you know what I mean.

I think the FX 18 (FX range) are a better looking transmitter IMO

still for the money its a lot of knobs and bells Oh and levers switches  ;D

R,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.