Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: das boot is no more...  (Read 2020 times)

das boot

das boot is no more...
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:06:52 pm »

Message from ComSubPak(U-212) to all Mayhem members...

Gentlemen...

I have to inform you that the member recently known to one and all as "das boot" has made his last dive. It wasn't a terminal dive fortunatly, and said member has resurfaced as U-33.

Message ends..

ronkh

Re: das boot is no more...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:42:40 pm »

Gentlemen...

I have to inform you that the member recently known to one and all as "das boot" has made his last dive. It wasn't a terminal dive fortunatly, and said member has resurfaced as U-33.

Message ends..
Are you now named after the one from 1918 that is at the bottom of the English Channel?

Ron.

das boot

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 07:50:52 pm »

Gentlemen...

Message ends..
Are you now named after the one from 1918 that is at the bottom of the English Channel?

Ron.

Cough cough...good grief man, not at all!! My U-33 is a modern German sub of the U-212 class as in my avatar. Bottom of the English Channel indeed!!!

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 07:54:19 pm »

Is that the Robbe kit ?
If so have you gone with the brushless package and static dive options ? any pics of the innards ?

Nice looking model though well done
regards sub.

das boot

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:05:04 pm »

My fault, I uploaded the wrong pic...ooops!  :embarrassed: You are correct though, the pic is of the Robbe kit, mine is a Steve Neill 1/96th scale kit.

Brusheless...no, common or garden Mabuchi 385. Dive system is a pressurised water ballast system powerd by a windscreen washer pump. There is a build thread on subpirates.com if you are interested, there's also a link on here somewhere. Found it... http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12537.0

Pic of the Steve Neill boat should be below...that's Steve's boat, mine is still on the slipway and on the build thread.

Rich

Sub driver

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 07:07:47 pm »

U33

Thanks for the link.

I use one of those water pumps in a boat I have, a nice little gear pump.

One thing I would say is that the motor encapsulation is actually the end can and is NOT watertight so you will have to seal it, just run some resin around where the can meets the plastic as it is only crimped over in 2 places so it will get beggerd up in the water if you don't seal it but its up to you.

A nice little boat thats going to be.

Regards Sub.

das boot

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 07:15:37 pm »

Hello Sub,

I'm on the case, boss..I'd planned to seal the whole thing with silicone sealant, including the terminals. I originally made a little box up for the pump, but after all the making I found there just wasn't room in the hull....gosh and bother it, I said. Nice little pumps for £15ish, can't complain at that.

Cheers,

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.