Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sounds on boats  (Read 1575 times)

paddysdad

sounds on boats
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:48:34 am »

HI everyone.I have been reading about fog horn and ships bell sounds.If i wanted to use these sounds on my boat.I am corret that i would require a 4 channel r/c system.One for each application.Ie Stearing,Motor,Ships Bell,and foghorn.Or am i reading this all wrong. Regards Paddysdad

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: sounds on boats
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:57:27 am »

That's about right, for operation of independant noises you need a seperate channel to operate them. 

So for your average boat you will want propulsion and steering plus one for each additional independant noise you want to operate.  Plus you might one one to turn on a lighting circuit or operate a radar etc.

There are some noises that do not require an additional channel though such as engine noises that are operated from a "Y" lead to the motor control channel and telegraph bells that work from the same signal.

For fog horns and bells though you need an additional channel.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:59:35 am »

You will need a channel for steering and another for controlling the speed and direction of your motor(s). However, you can operate both a Ship's Bell and a Foghorn using just the one extra channel, so a 3-channel radio would do, as long as Channel 3 isn't just a two-way ON/OFF switch.
If you PM me your regular E-Mail address then I can send you further information.
FLJ

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:03:34 pm »

hi there

Another alternative, is, to use a device - a Switching Unit.   These Units come in 2 and 4 switching modules.   Basically, they are a Unit which allows you to plug 4 independent sound units into it.  This Unit then plugs into one of the channels in your RX.    Therefore, it gives you 4 switches off one channel.

You could have Bells/whistles/fog-horns/lights all on one channel of your RX & TX.

This would leave the other 3 channels free for your motor control/rudder control & possibly your bow thruster.

Have a look at ACTion website - under the heading Switchers.

F.L.J. you are becoming too telepathic  :D :D two minds think alike....both posting at the same time  O0 O0

aye
john e
bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.