Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane  (Read 75639 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2009, 05:16:55 pm »

After the Money spent on it. NO WAY ANDY. :o :o :o
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2009, 05:20:07 pm »

awwhh why not??

I wouldn't crash it...

And get back to the Z class stop slacking ;) ;D

dan

« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2009, 05:40:13 pm »

hi guys,
all the boats on this thread look fantastic and  great fun,
i dont want to steel the thread but what sort of hull would be best to start with with a small IC engine? im only looking for one or two websites

andyn

« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2009, 05:54:40 pm »

Do you have the engine?

We have a superb starter complete and ready to go in the shed

das boot

« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2009, 05:57:21 pm »

Nicely done Bill, a good run by the sounds of it. I wimped out ( :embarrassed:) as it's been throwing it down with snow here, so I stayed in and started working out the wiring mods I have to do.

Rich

andyn

« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2009, 06:11:40 pm »

WIMP!!!

I was there this morning until nearly 12 sailing a metre yacht, Bill copped it at about 11 ish then more people turned up...

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2009, 06:14:57 pm »

hi guys,
all the boats on this thread look fantastic and  great fun,
i dont want to steel the thread but what sort of hull would be best to start with with a small IC engine? im only looking for one or two websites
Hi Dan
Yes 1 or 2 ??
How fast do you want the boat to go?
Do you want to race it?
Or is it going to be a fun boat?
There is a very good RTR boat called a "SUPERVEE 27"  I have seen the build/test run DVD & it looks like a Good starter boat. Have a look at the OMRA web site. http://www.omra-uk.org/ There is sometimes some second hand boats on there. I hope that helps If not pm me. Cheers
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2009, 06:24:19 pm »

Hey I'll have you know I've won more model car races than you've had cold sunday dinners for being at the lake too long ;)

I'll happily have a go at Llanberis Bill ok2 ok2 ok2 ok2

Haha Andy i figured you would have NO FEAR lol .Mind you i dont blame Bill ,id be the same after all the work hes put into his boat id be scared to let anyone have a go  ok2.
  Dan the best starter boat would be a small vee hull,take your pick theres usually lots on ebay.I dont have any right now but i will have some small  fibreglass vees in a cpl of weeks or so arround the 32" mark just a bare hull,theyre very fast little hulls drop me a pm if interested.Anything from a .21-.28 motor would work really well.
Mart

das boot

« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2009, 06:27:39 pm »

WIMP!!!

I was there this morning until nearly 12 sailing a metre yacht, Bill copped it at about 11 ish then more people turned up...

My excuse is that due to the inclement weather I might have been called in to work to go snow clearing. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it rigidly!!!  ok2

Rich

andyn

« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2009, 06:35:13 pm »

No fear whatsoever, thats why my Crusader 3 WAS going to have a Zen in it, until everyone but Bill and Greg said it wouldn't work ;)

There is a nice little V hull in the shed as I say for £50 I think, has recently been done up and is ready to go. Powered by and SC 45 it went very nicely and quickly the other day, say if you are interested and I will take a pic when I next can.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2009, 06:37:13 pm »

Hi Martin.
Andy has NO chance of driving my Hydro.
It is fair to say that I was down the lake at 8.30 this morn. That was 1/2 hour before Andy showed up. Yes I did leave after i did 2 runs with the Hydro which is what I had intended to do. If Andy wanted to help out with them sailboat  Joby's no one forced him to stay there. Anyway I went home and carried on with my Z class boat. I am going to let Andy race it at Stevenage this year. Come to think of it I have not seen Andy Driving any Fast racing type boats because he hasn't got one that run's.  

andyn

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2009, 06:40:01 pm »

Hehe you haven't seen the cars :-)

They're all packed away nicely at the moment for the winter, hopefully they won't do a Blue Peter Turtle on me and die in hibernation...

Will we see the Z next week, can't wait to see it :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2009, 06:47:54 pm »

May be Next week for the Z class. I need a starter belt. Do you have a glow driver if so charge it up.

dan

« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2009, 07:01:29 pm »

hi guys thanks for the quick replys.
firstly, i doubt i would race the boat as there are no clubs near me that hold any IC races so it would just be for fun. i would like it to reach about 30 mph or faster O0
Thanks for the offer andyn but i would like to have a go at assembling all the interior and have a go at my own paint job.
i do like the look on that orange Deep V looking hull on the last picture.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2009, 07:59:48 pm »

Hi Dan.
Thats my Z class OMRA boat. I am building it up but the boat has been run by another owner. It has a 12 size engine, which is the class size engine. If I keep at it I may be running it next weekend.

das boot

« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »

Stick a nice leccie motor in it Bill...think Green!!

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #191 on: February 01, 2009, 09:21:36 pm »

Hi Rich
I don't think so. As for going green. It has been proven that after model power boats have been run on lakes the oxegen level goes up a bit in the water. Happy Fish. How greens that??? Seem even fish are petrol heads.

dan

« Reply #192 on: February 01, 2009, 10:15:13 pm »

Hi Dan.
Thats my Z class OMRA boat. I am building it up but the boat has been run by another owner. It has a 12 size engine, which is the class size engine. If I keep at it I may be running it next weekend.

hi bill, if you can, take some pics, I'm sure everyone would like to see them.

Hi Rich
I don't think so. As for going green. It has been proven that after model power boats have been run on lakes the oxegen level goes up a bit in the water. Happy Fish. How greens that??? Seem even fish are petrol heads.

{-) bet no ones come up with that excuse before, but its a good one

das boot

« Reply #193 on: February 01, 2009, 11:15:42 pm »

Hi Rich

Terrific Bill, never heard that before...my piranha would just eat the boat!

Rich

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2009, 05:00:00 pm »

I still think you're all mad-----but I have to say its great fun to watch ( and a bl**dy good laugh trying to photograph)   %)
Steamed up all the time

andyn

« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2009, 05:01:51 pm »

Don't worry Phil, I'll let you take some pics of mine...

Then accelerate away and get you wet ;)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2009, 05:38:45 pm »

Thats not nice Andy. Hit him Phil. Found the leak in the radio box. Now glued up.

andyn

« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2009, 05:39:59 pm »

Wuhayy where was it? The silicon rubbish round the side?

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2009, 06:08:33 pm »

Yes Andy. Seems there is a small hole for the Ariel to go out and it is not sealing at the bottom of the box.  More Glue !

andyn

« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2009, 08:06:47 pm »

Not my little light spot was it? {-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.