Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane  (Read 75638 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2009, 09:32:35 pm »

Not my little light spot was it? {-)
No it was found by going all over it with a small light. Bingo found the very small hole. Now i'm going to have to get some glue. I'm going to name the boat  "Epoxy".
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2009, 10:23:22 pm »

I'll be over some time tomorrow then to drop some off. Have tons of tubes lying around :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2009, 01:30:56 pm »

Got your Rad fan Motor Andy. :-))
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2009, 02:01:27 pm »

Got your Rad fan Motor Andy. :-))

Wuhay, in all afternoon again? I'll drop your epoxy over

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2009, 09:38:12 am »

Progress Report.
I managed to get enough water to run on last Sunday, However there was still areas which was covered in Ice / old rubbish which had been lobed on the ice.
After a gentle warm up lap she/ i was ready to be opened up.  Yes Martin it dose turn a little better at speed. The lake is still to small to keep it flat out for long as we have loads of thick ducks who just love to get in the way. Still I did manage to get it up to a point where i hit something in the water and over she flipped (Twice) Still now I know she floats when she is upside down. Hope to get some more runs in this Sunday. 

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2009, 08:57:38 am »

Hows she running now Bill any luck getting her opened up yet ?.I found this vid for you it shows how easy it is to launch these yourself asuming you use a pistol type radio ,might keep Andy dry lol.
Mart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtQmbbGduqU

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2009, 12:07:23 pm »

A dry Andy-----unheard of, and no fun    {-) {-)
Steamed up all the time

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2009, 12:44:54 pm »

Hi Martin / Phil
Yes she is going OK. The engine is just begin to loosen up after it's rebuild. I didn't get her out last Sunday as I didn't get in till 4 am the night before. (the joys of being a sound engineer) This did me a favorer as it went because I find a new model shop and he had a nearly new Futaba 2.4 RX for £45.00 Bargin at that price so I snapped it up. Anyway I wanted a RX to go in my springer tug. See springer tug section for pic's.
O well best get of so I can load the car. More sound engineering in London tonite.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2009, 01:32:04 am »

Hi DE hi
Made it in one bit to Sydney down under.
Been having a look at a real 314 mph recorder breaker called " Spirit of Australia" Dose any one have any plans of her????? I have an idea to put a ducted aircraft fan unit in it as the drive system. The reel one has a jet unit fitted. No I can't afford a working model turbine.
Have fun be back on soon.

andyn

« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2009, 04:52:24 pm »

Heyloo there Bill, how's the holiday going? Any pics to post?

Don't bother with DF, youve seen one go, and you know it just broke the speed record of slowest boat ever at the lake :o

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2009, 11:40:25 pm »

Andy wot dose DF stand for??? text me the anses

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2009, 08:10:29 am »

Can i have a guess ?,Ducted Fan  ok2.Must be the jet lag Bill  :}.
Mart

andyn

« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2009, 04:37:35 pm »

Correct Martin, got it in one :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2009, 06:51:07 pm »

Do i win a  prize  :D,regarding that boat Bill the only propper  way to do it is a turbine but thats gonna cost hehe.
Mart

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2009, 12:53:41 am »

OK you lot win. DF Ducked Fan unit . Jet lag. Yes just about got my head around the time diff. I am 11 hours in frount of UK time. Oh well the Boat dose look like a good bulid. I have taken lots of pic's of it and maybe next winter i will have a think at building it.
Keep on boating. Founds some reel good lakes to run my Hydro over here. Pitty the wife would not let me bring it.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2009, 10:16:04 am »

Hey Bill a mate of mine over there went boating on a lake that runs to the sea while boating there he noticed these fins coming out of the water,yup you guessed it SHARKS  :o.Anyone fancy retrieving a boat in shark infested water  {-).If theres no sharks theres allways the crocs lol  :D.
Mart
ok its an alligator but funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0sBNcndYU

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2009, 12:26:12 am »

Good one Martin

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2009, 05:55:44 am »

Ho ray!!! I have found some model boat hydros down under. Have taken a few photos but i can't unload them on this PC. If i get a chance I will post a pic latter this week. I meet these guys in a park just outside Melbourne. Loads of water and they don't seem to worry about how much nose they are making. They have some good looking fast elect and petrol boats out today. I wanted a go but I was to shy to ask????
I'm happy now i have had my fix. :-)) :-)) :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2009, 01:26:06 pm »

A guy i know in Aus runs the Rockett same as mine in sports hydro and it got a faster heat time than any of the other sports hydros in the open hydro class.Hes running a modded 231 zen so thats quite impressive,hes racing against whiplash hydros and others too so just shows these little zipp thunderbaoats are dam quick .
Mart

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #220 on: March 29, 2009, 07:53:03 am »

Hi one & all
Well I have found the Adelaide model boat club. I have a few pics to bore you all with when i get back. Have anyone seen Electric hydros and gas hydros in the same race??? Well it has been seen here today. When down under do as you like!!!!!.
Have fun boating in that nice cool weather. 29 deg C here today.
Cheers for now. I am off to Perth on Tues so I don't think I will get to see any more boating over here.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2009, 11:44:38 am »

Theres a few boaters in Perth Bill,my mate is from there theres a club in Malaga about 30 km away but i just got off talking to him and he says theyre not running for two weeks unless theres the odd boater there on a weekend.Hes a member of this one himself  :-)).Theres another one at Mandurah about 1 hr drive South of Perth heres the website.They will be running next Sunday he says,handy having a mate in Perth on msn as i search the forums lol.Hope this helps,pitty his boats in dry dock or he said he would gladly show you round.
http://www.totalmarinerepairs.com.au/modelsite/

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2009, 04:22:21 am »

Cheers Martin. Im not sure where we will be on Sunday ,but thanks for the info.

andyn

« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2009, 04:23:01 pm »

How long you got left out there Bill?

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2009, 08:08:29 am »

You missing yer Buddy Andy  ok2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.