Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane  (Read 75643 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 06:54:03 pm »

Heres some Pictures of my hydro build so far. Bear in mind the main tub had already built when i got it.
I am still looking for a strut and rudder if any one has one out there CHEAP.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 07:17:44 pm »

Oh thats going to be something else Bill, can't wait to see it go (I like the control 1's for your sounds)  :-))
Steamed up all the time

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 07:26:41 pm »

Hi Bill it looks good so far interesting design on those sponsons(outriggers) too,what fin did you get with the kit or do you have to buy or make your own?.Those riggers run great a mate of mine has one over in the states with a modded zenoah in it one thing he told me is you need high rpm to get em up and moving and you will need to Throw  it in to get it moving  ok2.Is it one of the firefighter ones if so  a mate of mine in Aus has built all of them and hes allways doing mods to them to gain more performance,good thing is the sponsons are dead easy to make using foam and ply so you can experiment with diff shapes and sizes.If i can find any pics of his ill post a cpl if you like .Look forward to seeing how she turns out,you might be surprised how well she handles rough water too  :-)).
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 07:47:00 pm »

Bill heres a few pics of Johnos  this ones his own design ,hes a mate of Tom Moorhouse who designs them and heres a video of his firefighter running i can supply his email if you need to ask any questions hes a top fella too.
Mart

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucqef9ppIxs

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 08:02:09 pm »

Hi Martin
I am not sure who made this kit. I am told he is English?? I do know it is not a Firefighter kit but it isn't far out. Re Engine, I'm going to try my modded Zen to see how it gets on at first. Thanks for the photos they may help me out a bit.
Phil
Yes Control 1 speakers. Only the best!!!  My whole rig is JBL all 2.4 kw of it.
I hope to have the boat up and ruining soon. That should keep you on your toes at Llanberis. ( as long as her indoors lets me out to play?)
Cheers for now
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

omra85

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 08:51:20 pm »

Bill, if you're going to the OMRA AGM on Sunday, there are always bits and pieces for sale cheap. Aim to get there about 11.30 and catch them bringing the stuff in  :-))
Danny

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 08:55:57 pm »

Cheers Danny.
I hope to be there at the AGM. Got a PA job on Saturday so depends on what time I get to bed Sunday morning.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 09:08:48 pm »

Hey Bill i have lots of pics of his riggers he sent me few diff ones hes a rigger nut lol,if you require anything specific let me know im only too glad to help mate ,i can email them to save clogging up your thread with pics lol.Glad you decided on the modded zenoah she should go well ,from what he tells me they can be finnicky to setup to run well but once you find the right strut height and prop etc it should be very fast mate and you will be shaking believe me  O0,its a real rush running these things they run like theyre on rails even in chop once theyre setup right.What prop you planning on trying? i can find out a few recomendations for you if you wish.What i can tell you from running hydros you will want a prop with lots of lift i run a 6717/3 from propshop that Chris Hoffman worked for me(dasboata) ok2.
Mart

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 09:27:36 pm »

Cheers Martin
I am a bit off working out prop size at the mo but thanks for the advise. Prop shop was at the show last week. Lots of brass props on show.  I have got to work out what color I'm going to paint it next. When I have all the wood work done thats next before I fit it out with the ruining gear. I think The tub will be metallic yellow, Floats in Red or possibly Black metallic . I'm not sure yet.

Stavros

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 10:04:32 pm »

Oh Jeepers Phil we now need a Turbo on the rescue Dinghy ok2 ;)

Stavros

PS new speed ruling on lake anythign over 40 mph Stav and Phil must test first to see if it is safe

andyn

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 06:09:56 pm »

It's going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy over 40mph, the Makara does that easily...

Bill put soem kind of right angled piece of metal on the back so I can give it fast launches, it'll probably need them...

And as for your rescue boat, you're going to need an unlimited hydroplane or a tunnel hull with at least a 1000hp engine to keep up.... %)

Andy :-))

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 06:20:09 pm »

Your not wrong Andy that thing will fly once he finds the right prop and strut setup for it,my shovelnose hydro is ballistic with a full mod so the rigger should at least be as fast as that if not faster.Im looking for a gps to put in the hydro so i can get a speed reading,im hopefull its gonna be very very fast  :-).
Mart

andyn

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 06:22:25 pm »

Bring it along to our lake sometime and I'll put one in for you, or possibly llanberis next year?

Andy :-))

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2008, 12:09:53 am »

As you know Andy I have a GPS which will tell alll about the speed. Thats how I know the Makara is doing some where around 40 mph.
The last time i tracked it was 37.6 mph with the Sikk engine. The moded Zen dose a bit more. We should have tracked it at Llanberis when it was runing up to the 11 mark!!!! :-))
Goodnight. Been a long day. 19 hour since I got up.!!

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 09:33:01 pm »

Stavros we are going to need a couple of shovels and a few muck buckets as it appears we have to make the lake longer at Llanberis  {:-{
Steamed up all the time

Stavros

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2008, 10:36:37 pm »

Och don't worry patrick,paddy and mick are on the case,they have started from the deep end !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stavros

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2008, 07:57:33 pm »

Things are still on the move with my Hydro.
Made the engine canopy now and it's best part painted. Should get all the parts back Sunday to finish off the engine rebuild. I have ordered the hardware from PMB which will be here during the week.  Who knows maybe I will  have it in the water  Feb time, but I don't want to rush the building / fitting out the boat.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 08:56:25 pm »

Keep going Bill, when its ready, let me know and I'll come along for the launching  :-))
Steamed up all the time

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2008, 04:15:46 pm »

Now this will be fast Andy.
After I have done my Hydro boat Im going to get a Z class up and going for the spring time.
Happy Christmas one and all.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 06:03:53 pm »

Ok Bill, all I can see is engine and a couple of bits of would around it-------------oh my gawd
Thats going to be something elses
Merry chrimable etc etc to you and yours
(PS let me know the the trail dates, cos this I have to see)
 :-)) :-)) :-))
Steamed up all the time

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2008, 06:13:10 pm »

Watch this space Phil

andyn

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 06:29:51 pm »

He still hasn't made me a handle...
Ahh well I'll just slice my hand up %)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »

Is that a Fork handles :D:} :}
or 4 candles :D
IT IS NOT FINISHED YET ANDY.

andyn

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 07:31:35 pm »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

I know I know its not finished yadayadayada.....

omra85

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 08:33:53 pm »

Dang - and here's me thinking Bills invented a zero gravity tuned pipe  %) ;D
Not much difference between the rigger and the Z class then, Bill??  {-) {-)
Nice looking boat though  :-))
Danny
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.