Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane  (Read 75640 times)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2009, 07:24:16 pm »

Hi Andy
Where abouts are you? Be good to see how both the boats run sometime. I'm in Stevenage. There is just about room to run mine here.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Andy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2009, 07:25:05 pm »

just in primer coat in these pic's

Andy

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2009, 07:26:45 pm »

Looking Good Andy
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Andy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2009, 07:27:10 pm »

Elmbridge club

Andy

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2009, 07:28:03 pm »

Is that near Heathrow?

Andy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2009, 07:32:02 pm »

Andy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2009, 07:45:33 pm »

I also have one of these -

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2009, 07:50:54 pm »

Very Nice
This is my 1st go at a Hydro. I have had a test run the other week but now our lake is froze over I'm going to have to wait to do some more testing.
I ran a OMRA D class boat last year which was and is loads of fun & joy. Hope to get in a few OMRA races this year as well as having some fun with my Hydro.

omra85

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2009, 08:07:01 pm »

OOOHHH! Andy - we'll pencil you in for the 2010 World Champs then  :-))
Could do with some good UK boats!

Danny

Andy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2009, 09:18:07 am »

not just me, my mates got one also

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2009, 06:38:08 pm »

Had my second test run today. 1 or 2 minor problems to short out. The bit of perspex i use for the radio box cover broke up. Stress I think.  The rudder linkage bolt came out and I lost the steering.  Tired another tuned pipe on it which really makes it rev well, so that is staying on the boat. I had to fit a second bracket for it.
I am going to get a Thicker bit of perspex shorted out next weekend, in the mean time i have made a temporary Ally cover so I can run it again next Sunday.
As for how fast it goes! well I'm very happy and i will maybe put my GPS in it next week to see.
Andy did take some pic's of the boat while it was going slow, when i got the carb setting shorted his camera battery went flat. OH Dear. said Andy.
 :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

andyn

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2009, 11:27:09 pm »

You hear that Phil? New pipe for MORE SPEED....

You're gonna need a bigger boat anyway it barely fits happily in ours...

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:26 pm »

Got in my third run today.  Shorted out the silicon pipe on the exhaust and it ran like a dream.

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2009, 09:57:33 pm »

It may run like a dream for you Bill, I havn't seen it in the flesh as it were, but the video gives me bl***y nightmares
Roll on Llanberis, big lake-------huge nightmares     O0
Steamed up all the time

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2009, 10:04:17 pm »

Yes Phil. Its not doing much for the ducks down our lake. WHY DO THEY SWIM IN FRONT OF IT???????
I think its over 50 MPH at the mo but i do need to take it to a larger lake. I'm doing a PA job on Sunday in London But I'm thinking about taking over to Willen lake MK the next Sunday.

omra85

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2009, 10:09:21 pm »

It may run like a dream for you Bill, I havn't seen it in the flesh as it were, but the video gives me bl***y nightmares
Roll on Llanberis, big lake-------huge nightmares     O0

You don't have to wait until then Phil, he's taking it to Wicksteed   {-) {-)
Then you'll see some driving skills.....
Danny

andyn

« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2009, 10:50:04 pm »

Its not doing much for the ducks down our lake. WHY DO THEY SWIM IN FRONT OF IT???????
I think its over 50 MPH at the mo but i do need to take it to a larger lake.

The stupid b**** ducks swim in front of it then look startled as a very large and wide object travels towards them at well over 50mph...

Why couldn't they have eveolved into something more useful, like Butler Monkeys?

And it is going faster than the Makara does and its not even tuned yet...

...However it does seem to spend more time getting new pieces of silicon than actually moving ;)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2009, 10:58:45 pm »

Nothing but setting up probs. THATS THE FUN BIT !!!! wel that's how it goes. the last bit of silicon worked ok.  Trying to short out the radio box leak now
 :-))
By the time we go to Llanberis you will have work out how to get it into the water without stopping the engine. Thanks for trying. We will sort it .

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2009, 11:18:13 pm »

Bill id ditch the silicone mate and either get a different pipe setup or if you must use one of those type of joiners try teflon they wont melt like the blue silicone ones do.You should have no problem getting that thing to well over 60 mph with the right setup,i have my rigger plans printed so when im finnished with a few other projects ill be building one myself,probably wont be till summer though.Looking forward to a fast video of your rigger .
Mart
looking at your pipe it looks more like a nitro pipe the outlet seems real small?.

andyn

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2009, 01:04:08 am »

That pipe was a Prestwich one that came out the Enforcer he had.

He now has a CMB pipe on it that has a lot more backpressure, hence the blowing apart the first bit of that rubbish silver silicon stuff.  The other bits he tried were the wrong size and the bit he has now is perfect for it.

The engine is still running rich as it has just been rebuilt and has only just got a new pipe on it.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2009, 10:03:01 am »

.Far better go with a good gas tuned pipe and header combo that doesnt use those flexi type joiners which i never had any luck with.Just remember these boats need high rpm to get them running well so the pipe is the most important part asuming you have a good motor and prop combo to go with it.Also looking at the pics the pipe looks set way long,heres a pic of the kind of setup id go with on a  rigger .

Euan Galloway

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2009, 07:57:09 pm »

Bill,
          If you wrap a piece of thin litho around the joiner and then tie wrap on top it will last a lot longer,or if you cannot get hold of litho plate the ali fro a can of Stella works well,
                            cheers Euan.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2009, 08:36:03 pm »

Bill,
          If you wrap a piece of thin litho around the joiner and then tie wrap on top it will last a lot longer,or if you cannot get hold of litho plate the ali fro a can of Stella works well,
                            cheers Euan.
Now the bit about using the Stella can sounds good to me ,as that would mean i would have to drink the contents first.
As I said before I have a few things to short out in my own way. It took me all last year to get my Makara right. Now it will be good for the 2009 racing.  The CMB pipe is working just fine. The engine runs a whole lot better then it did on the 1st pipe i tyred. I found out why water was getting into the radio box! My fault, I did not replace the tyerap on the rudder rod bellows into the box when i fitted a new push rod. Twit!!
The whole idea of this hydro project was as a fun fast boat. I do not want to race it.  So if it goes at 20mph or 120mph it really is not the main aim.  As long as i can enjoy the boat, that's all i want from it. Mind You the old heart rate bumps up a bit when it's on the water, and the ducks just keep on swimming out in front of it. Dam daft ducks.

andyn

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2009, 10:54:13 pm »

Of course those pics came from Bill's recent appearance in the local newspaper :-)) :-))

omra85

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2009, 11:05:02 pm »

What Bill DIDN'T say is that he is a local hero!!

Extract from the Comet News (Stevenage Local Paper)  Jan 22nd 2009 -

A MOTHER jumped into freezing water to save her seven-month-old baby strapped in a
buggy after it fell into a lake at Fairlands Valley Park, Stevenage.
The incident happened last Thursday afternoon when the pushchair rolled down
a steep grass bank and into the lake that remained frozen in some areas following
the very cold weather.
“The baby was submerged and the mother jumped into the water that was up to her
waist and managed to pull the pushchair out of the water,” said Gary Sanderson,
spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service.
“It appears the child was strapped in the buggy when it rolled into the lake. Staff at the
lake did a great job looking after both of them until we arrived.
“Both required treatment at Lister Hospital.”
Eyewitness Bill Warder of the Stevenage Model Boat Club saw baby and buggy splash
into the lake.
“I immediately ran over. She had already jumped in and when I got there I stood in the
water and helped both of them out
,” said Mr Warder of Austen Paths, Stevenage.
“The buggy and the baby had gone under the water and pulling the buggy out was
difficult because it was stuck in all the rubbish on the bottom of the lake.
“The baby was very lucky and I offered to drive them home but they wanted first aid
and were looked after at the sailing club.” Jon Stone, director of marketing at
Stevenage Leisure, responsible for operations at the park, said the mother had been walking
with her child and two Jack Russell dogs when the incident happened.
“We understand one of the dogs had fouled on the footpath and she was clearing it up
when the pushchair rolled into the water,” said Mr Stone.
“The baby was stripped of its freezing, wet clothes and put in a survival blanket and the
ambulance was called. Staff there acted in a very professional way to deal with what was
an emergency situation.”
After the mother and her child had been taken to hospital, staff at the sailing club
spent half-an-hour retrieving the two dogs that had run off. The animals were later
picked up by a family friend.

Well done Bill  :-))

Danny
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.