Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane  (Read 75785 times)

andyn

Re: Gas 26cc Rigger/ Hydroplane
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2009, 11:07:57 pm »

omra85

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2009, 11:10:31 pm »

Snap Andy - that should embarrass him enough  :-)) O0 {-) {-)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:07 pm »

Ok Ok Ok .
Lets talk about the Esso blue man
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

omra85

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2009, 11:17:36 pm »

I'm not surprised you want to talk about heaters, Bill  {-) {-)

Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2009, 12:52:17 am »

Nice one Bill  ;),now stop making excuses and get that darn rigger up to speed you know you want it to go fast lol and ditch that ugly pipe  please {-).On a more serious note though well done  O0.
Mart

das boot

« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2009, 08:01:13 am »

Congratulations, that man...we have a hero in out midst!

Take a bow, young sir... :-))

Rich

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2009, 01:47:18 pm »

It seems we have a true hero on the forum
WELL DONE BILL
Steamed up all the time

Stavros

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2009, 02:55:47 pm »

WHat a star this man is turning out to be WELL DONE THAT MAN

Stavros

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2009, 05:51:14 pm »

Well here we are. I'm looking forwards to Thursday (work permitting) and or Sunday to get in my third run in. Thanks to Andy who came up with some more perspex I have now got a new cover fitted over the radio box area.  I hope to put my GPS in the boat on Sunday to check out just how fast it is going now. If I am happy then maybe the week after I will take it up to Willen Lake MK for a full on test.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

das boot

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2009, 06:02:45 pm »

Good luck with the test Bill...give it a large portion!

Rich

andyn

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2009, 06:45:37 pm »

One of these days I will get launching the things sorted, likes to dive in nose first...

Willen eh? can I come?

das boot

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2009, 06:52:00 pm »

Can I bring mine as well?

Rich

(where's Willen?)

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2009, 06:54:17 pm »

Yes Andy BUT you will have to short out your launch angle. Don't chuck it, just place it in the water and the rest is up to me.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2009, 06:59:49 pm »

Can I bring mine as well?

Rich

(where's Willen?)
Hi Rich
I take it your ready for your 1st run then? PS stick a pic up here for the rest to see.
Willen Lake is in Milton Keynes. Just off the M1 J14.  A bit to far for you to come out to play I think. But if you want to come up to Stevenage you would be made welcome.

das boot

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2009, 07:07:39 pm »

Very nearly Bill...batteries should be here tomorrow, as should the radio(with a bit of luck and a following wind), I'm hoping to take it down to the water by this weekend and get it wet, I'll post up some pics of it then.

That doesn't sound too far to come and play, used to travel a lot further to play with the subs...I may very well have a run up there soon as it's ready.

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2009, 07:12:24 pm »

Very nearly Bill...batteries should be here tomorrow, as should the radio(with a bit of luck and a following wind), I'm hoping to take it down to the water by this weekend and get it wet, I'll post up some pics of it then.

That doesn't sound too far to come and play, used to travel a lot further to play with the subs...I may very well have a run up there soon as it's ready.

Rich
Bring it on Rich. Do you still run your Sub? If so maybe you could bring that along with you as well

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2009, 07:16:42 pm »

Yes Andy BUT you will have to short out your launch angle. Don't chuck it, just place it in the water and the rest is up to me.

Good luck with it Bill,by the way Andy has the right idea you have to chuck a rigger in with some revs or it wont get up and going very well.Just make sure you throw it with a slight nose up attitude so she doesnt submarine  :-)).Give her some throttle and chuck her in and she should take off and if Andy gets soaked then you know it was a good launch  :-)),sorry Andy  ok2.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:03 pm »

Bill heres a good pic of my mate Brians g force rigger been launched,he recomends a good hard chuck with plenty of revs.Mind you he now launches his on his own maybe this pic tells you why  :}.
Mart

das boot

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2009, 07:53:38 pm »

Rich
Bring it on Rich. Do you still run your Sub? If so maybe you could bring that along with you as well

I don't have an operational sub at this point in time Bill...U-33 is awaiting parts from the US of A, 'Mother Russia' is sold and goes off to it's new home tomorrow, and U-441(U-Flak1)is still in kit form at my cousin's in Vancouver BC awaiting collection when I go over later in the year.

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2009, 08:00:24 pm »

Martin. I see. ANDY your going to get WET {-) {-) {-) {-) It realy dose pick up well from a standing start.
Rich We are all awaiting the 1st run this weekend.
Andy. Your going to get WET. he he he :} :} :} :}

das boot

« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2009, 08:14:06 pm »

Go electric...don't have that problem. PLACE the boat in the water, sit down on your seat, roll a smoke, pour a cup of liquid refreshment and turn up the wick. Nice and sedate...

Pics attached are of the rigger as it was when I bought it...

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2009, 08:20:59 pm »

Look's OK Rich. I have posted on the other site re tape. see e bay item No 190281227047

das boot

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2009, 08:25:16 pm »

Got it Bill, thanks.

I fancy spraying the rigger bright pink....

Rich

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2009, 08:46:44 pm »

There are MANY color spray paint on sale at Halfords. Some are very nice, WHY PINK????
Any way go with the flow .
Im off out now . Be back later

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2009, 12:44:06 pm »

Nice little rigger that Rich is that what Euans making now?,what motor and power you running in that thing?.My lad has one of those minicat hydros and its running about 40 mph with a small brushless and lipo setup its only about 12" long  :o.Regarding tape for radio boxes ive been using Scotch Magic clear tape with good results on my big hydro its not quite clear its more semi clear if that makes sense lol.Cost me a cpl of quid from woolies so you might need to go elsewhere for it now,try wilkos.
Mart
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.