Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how many ebays  (Read 3130 times)

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
how many ebays
« on: September 16, 2008, 03:19:41 pm »

hi all. I am looking for a model on ebay (finnjet) so i type it in and ebay say NO results ,ok i think. So i re type it in and hit search world wide, ebay says no results. Try this with a few other kit and get all most the same result. I thing to my self this ant right . So i googled (revell finnjet ebay) . In google results there 2 big finnjet and 4 small one all on ebay around the world. This realy PI###d me off  >>:-(as i had asked ebay to search world wide. After spending a few hours on the net this is what i have come up with.
1 Apart from in Newzeland there no alterntive to EBAY so your forced to use them.
2 Ebay only let you see whats in your country and a VERY VERY limted amout from abroad. I was in china for 2 weeks and look at ebay over there. Since i was using a chines ip address i got diffrent results.
3 there are loads of ebays around there world i was shocked at how many.

So i have come up with a ider. If Martin lets it happen. I think on this forum some were we should have a compleat list of all ebay sites eg EBAY DE for Germany etc , have this list linked so when you clike on it it takes you to that country ebay. The advantage of this is some items are more ofter found in certain countrys. So if you are looking for a hard to find item  but you think it might be popular in country xxxx go to that country ebay and see what you can find

I surffed a few diffrent country ebay and found some nice goods.

john

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
Re: how many ebays
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:14:43 pm »

Maybe, some of these items the seller won't sell outside their own country, but Google finds them anyway.
Just an idea..................

Stavros

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:15 pm »

John all you need to do is go to the home page on ebay and down at the bottom is a full list of different countries all you do is click on that country and away you go surf away all day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stavros

tony23

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:16:32 pm »

Your very correct Stavros, I sell on Ebay often but I list everything I sell on the USA site you automatically get the item listed in your own country of origin as well  :) why did someone ask, well with a population of over 260,000,000 in the US and 65,000,000 in the UK I,m bound to get the best price possible  ;D {-) O0 ;D ;)

Weeds

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:35:21 pm »

Being an ebay enthusiast :D I have a few neat "search tricks" behind my belt. If several people are interested, I will make a youtube video about advanced ebay searching.

The tricks are:

1) Search title and description
2) Category search with common "junk tags" excluded for clear browsing
3) View 200 auctions per page
4) Auctions only search
5) How to find alternative descriptions for your item such as "Tug boat" "Tow boat" "Towboat" "RC boat" "Radio control boat" "Radio controlled boat" and etc.
6) Sniping auctions at last minute

Let me know if you are interested,

Weeds

tony23

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 10:37:42 pm »

WoW :D very interested I have heard of sniping at the last minute but did not know what it was.

Damien

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 11:44:03 pm »

I'm also an ebay entheausiast, f/b 890 100%, sellers can choose all world or only certain countries to sell too. eg. I sell Tug fender sets available to 8 countries and 3mm Led's to Aust. only 
Paypal requires proof of postage that is trackable. ie: Registered post, from Aust. this is not available to all countries, it is also expensive
eg below, these are the countries i list  Tug Bow fenders to on ebay.
 Aust post costs

Aust = $7.90

UK = $23.45AUD

USA = $20.35AUD

Canada = $20.35AUD

Germany = $23.45AUD

Spain = $23.45AUD

NZ = $16.05AUD

Hong Kong = $18.25AUD

The registered post fee is $1 less in each case the 1$ covers the packaging.
Sniping is placing a bid in the last 15 seconds yourself or with a pay for use sniping agent such as http://www.stealthbid.com/home/home.aspx
I use stealth bid occasionally for international items that end while i'm asleep. Because i can.
Personally i believe ebay auctions should extend 30 seconds after last bid, similar to the NZ auction site, this would wipe out sniping and those that prey on getting things super cheap. I've seen Dolls my wife sells get sniped at auction to be sold by it now a week later at inflated price.
Leaves a nasty tasted in mouth.
Damien.

Weeds

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 02:25:16 am »

Making a "Paypal Required" Auction holds off the snipers.

Damien

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 04:36:44 am »

Not really Weeds, Sniping seems to be a state of mind with a lot of buyers, I sell Led's via buy it now over a 10 day period and 6 out of 10 buyers will buy in the final minutes of the listing and some ask if i have any more. "Strange behavior" 
Damien.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 05:23:13 am »

It does tend to default to local area if you use ebay.com

Try refining your google search to
ebay UK
ebay New Zealand
ebay 'country'

works for me.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Albion

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 05:52:01 am »

E bay singapore is very cheap to sell on, used to be free, which led to lots of stupid listings that would be relisted if they didnt sell, becasue first time round an unreasonable price was entered. However most people here dont know how it works, and before end of bidding you get all sorts of under the table offers. We won a 16foot catermaran for about US$60. The fool set a Sing$100 start price, but in his description said how much he expected to get for it (several thousands). So when auction ended i had the only bid. i didnt really want it, but made a lot of noise to ebay because he refused to sell it to me, nothing happened, i guess he got his account banned, but so what!!!

Tug

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 04:47:42 pm »

AS Tiger mentions just type in ebay dot then anyplace you think suitable, car style GB (UK) after, FR for France, DE for Germany and so forth....works for me,  BUT! watch the post charges.  Bought a charger from Germany only last night, and postage less than from local supplier?
Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three
 weeks before you need it.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 07:43:38 pm »

hi all . well thakyou for all you inputs. it intresting reading and explanes a bit. Stavros i never new that existed so thankyou.

OK here a nother question . I want item XXX and it not on ebay . co.uk. Try worldwide but no joy. This means 2 things . 1 there is no item avaible at the time or 2 a seller , eg in germany has set his to sell in ebay.de(germany) only.
So the way i see it is i have 2 options .1 trawl every ebay very time comsuming or 2 use google.
Ok so i find my item on another ebay.  Can i bid on it. ie the finnjet that was for sale on ebay.de, was found via google .The description showed post cost only to germany does this mean only germany buyer can bid. I can see no were on the discription  to what countrys this is avaible to in ebay.co.uk or ebat.com etc. I  have put the link to the auction in germany to show you what i mean.

john

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180288336234&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 07:50:22 pm »

In this case you have to send the seller a message to ask if he is willing to post to the UK. Of course, if he is, you have the problem of paying (in this instance) as he doesn't accept Paypal :(

Barrie

wbeedie

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 05:05:00 pm »

http://www.fatfingers.co.uk is also an Ebay site with items found that are type errors so if you are looking for boats type in bots or something found some cracking items on it too O0

Paularai

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 08:23:59 pm »

Sorry if this is very late, Revel are re releasing Finnjet in Jan 2009, available from www.finnjetweb.com shop, due to interest after scrapping in Alang this year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.