Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tamiya 1/350th scale USS Missouri  (Read 4761 times)

das boot

The Tamiya 1/350th scale USS Missouri
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:33:19 am »

The 'Mighty Mo' has arrived, and what a kit it is...first impressions, very well packed, loads of sprues of interesting looking pieces, extremely well moulded and detailed and a half decent display stand as well.

The 774mm x 94.5mm one piece hull has the prop shaft and rudder exits ready drilled, saving a lot of work and seems to be very strong.

The instruction booklet is well written and there's plenty of illustrations for each step of the build, and the box art is superb.

For £40 (including carriage) from ebay, you can't go wrong, I'm looking forward to opening everything and commencing the build.

Rich

ian kennedy

Re: The Tamiya 1/350th scale USS Missouri
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:35:28 am »

Hi Rich,

Looks good, every time i look at a Tamiya kit it brings back memories of my motorised Bismark and Tirpitz kit's....pre R/C budget days!!!!

It's just a shame that they choose to kit the well known battle wagons at 1/350th scale, personally i would love to see them kit a nice pre-dreadnought at 1/150th, but that will never happen.

Keep us updated on build progress please

Regards

IAN

das boot

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:03:20 am »

It is a good kit Ian, I'm very impressed with it. It knocks spots of the Revell Gato, both of mine have never fitted properly, the first one was so bad I scrapped it and use it for spares for the mark 2.

I've already started on the prop shaft installation and the rudders...why waste a perfectly good day off doing mundane things such as housework? I'll start to do a build post in bit when the epoxy has dried around the rudder posts.

How about a Tamiya HMS Majestic? Now that's one ship I would like to see issued...or even (dare I say) a Tamiya Novogrod??

Rich

ian kennedy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:24:01 pm »

Will you give it a rest man...................i WILL DO IT !!!!

When?....not sure.........how big?........1/2 as big again........option of two versions ie; as built and later in life.

I did build a Majestic class from Deans marine in the early 90's.....Built as HMS Prince George, Heavily modified and improved over the basic kit.....(Won modified kit class at 1991 MPBA national scale finals)

I still have it, although she is stripped down having an occasional refit and rebuild to WW1 guise, with anti flood/collision bulges on the hull sides and acoustic hammer on the bow (used as a mine bumper during the Dardanelles campaign)

Some time...when i get time i will list all my models and get them completed...but new subjects and research get in the way, as you know only too well!!

cheers
Ian

amdaylight

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:29:21 pm »

Ian,

Well as long as you are going to do it, why not also do the "Lividia"  ;) O0 ;) {-) {-)

Andre

over yonder in Portland Oregon

das boot

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 08:35:09 am »

Will you give it a rest man...................i WILL DO IT !!!!
cheers
Ian

I'll...err...just be quiet then?   :D

I'll get on with the Mighty Mo.....and I'll not mention that round thing again.  :D  {:-{

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.