Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing problems  (Read 2157 times)

madrob

Printing problems
« on: September 25, 2008, 05:56:38 pm »

Does anyone know a printing program that will allow me to print a 90 odd inch plan out, dont care if its got to be done in a4 and stuck together, i used to have one but have lost the disk and cant rememeber what it was called..yip i know its my age

vosper

Re: Printing problems
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 07:37:48 pm »

Hi
I use paint shop pro also i use epson printer if you set it to poster size you can set it to 4sheets x 4 sheets. thats to keep it simple
Vosper

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 01:17:56 am »

I think, but I cannot check now (different puter), that most MSOffice programs have an option to print poster. It is in printer options.
So you could cut and paste a photo into MSWord or PowerPoint.

I do know that with MSPublisher you can set up the size you want and it wil print poster and give you the size you have defined. MSPublisher is in the MSOffice Pro spftware but is not in regualr MSOffice.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

TCC

You need a program and the right paper size in the printer driver
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:50:09 pm »

Does anyone know a printing program that will allow me to print a 90 odd inch plan out, dont care if its got to be done in a4 and stuck together, i used to have one but have lost the disk and cant rememeber what it was called..yip i know its my age

You need a (image editting) program that will split the image file up into smaller page size segments and send the image to the printer driver, which you set up to print that size sheet (A4 or A3)

I have an old program called Ulead Photo express V2 that I keep on the PC for this very purpose, I got it free with a scanner/printer back in 2000. I'll copy it to disc if you need it?

With this program, you use the 'poster' option. What that does is divide up your plan into A4/A3 'sheets' and you have the option to set either:

A, How many pages across, and high
B, you can do it via 'percentages' (which I think may be your answer if accuracy is required)

I've just done it now to a crop of a plan someone sent me, I enlarged it to 30x21" and opened it in this Photo Express, I opened the print option and chose 'Poster', Set the page orientaion to porrtrait (you can choose landscape) @ A4 (you can set any page size your printer driver supports... A3+?) and I set 'percentage' @ 100% and had the progam centre the image.

I can now see that the plan is divided up into 8 A4 sheets, 4x2.

Now if I wanted to print this accurately, I'd now st my printer driver to print each sheet borderless and I'd set the printer so that it didn't enlarge/reduce the imager per sheet (called fir to page or terms like that) I have a canon printer and when I set borderless, a little part of the driver options becomes un-greyed out and I can set how much I want the sheet to be enlarged. This sprays the ink jusst outside the sheet and canon included it so you don't get minute white lines around each borderless print due to paper entering the printer askew. Anyway, if I choose 'nil' to this enlargment/extension, I get bob-on accuracy. I'm not sure about other brands printer drivers but this is what I'd have to do.

In playing with the program 'Poster' options, you can choose 'percentage', 'pages', Inch or CM as ways of enlarging your image up into sheets.

I've just tried it, the max size of enlargment is 68 inches acoss by 77" high. In portrait orientation, that's 9 A4s across by 7 high (if you want to do the maths)

Any good? I keep this program on my elderly win98SE PC just for these poster & tile printing options as no other program I have (even photoshop) does this.

Let me know if I can help further
Paul

catengineman

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 07:35:49 pm »

Could you not go into the "page setup" and reduce the page size to ?? then windows will print the whole document in a set of sheets like top then next down until the bottom then it will start back at the top but nect to the first page and so on until the end of the doc.

I know that in excel if you have say cells A to F outlined in the page set up and the whole doc runs from A to L then it will print A to F on one page and G to L on the next page and if you set the prefs to "fit whole page" per sheet then is thatany help or am I just thinking it will do what you want  %%

R,

gantu

• Full Mayhemer
    • Modellbaudaten
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 08:39:22 pm »

Hi madrob,

send me your emailadress i have a small programm you can then print out the plan in din A4 sheets.  gantu@gmx.de

TCC

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 07:48:17 pm »

Could you not go into the "page setup" and reduce the page size to ?? then windows will print the whole document in a set of sheets like top then next down until the bottom then it will start back at the top but nect to the first page and so on until the end of the doc.

I know that in excel if you have say cells A to F outlined in the page set up and the whole doc runs from A to L then it will print A to F on one page and G to L on the next page and if you set the prefs to "fit whole page" per sheet then is thatany help or am I just thinking it will do what you want  %%

R,

The problem printing plans is they need to be accurate so that means you ned to get away from the printer driver adding that 3mm< border around your images.

Canon drivers let you print borderless on certain media types, plain paper being one. They also give you a option that esentaillly oversprays the ink in case the sheet enters the printer wonky. Well for accuracy, you select nil enlargemnt with that setting.

That's the only way I know how to set the paper up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 23 queries.